Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Tapjoy 13 reviews– San Francisco, CA
Tapjoy - 30+ days ago
Tapjoy is a mobile advertising and monetization platform whose unique Mobile Value Exchange model allows users to select personalized advertisements with which to engage for virtual rewards or premium content. Tapjoy helps unlock mobile joy by empowering more than 900 million mobile users who choose to watch videos, subscribe to services, install applications and participate in other types of advertisements in exchange for virtual rewards they can use in their favorite apps. Tapjoy�s turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers acquire cost-effective, high-value new users and monetize their applications, while its powerful advertising marketplace lets brand advertisers reach a global mobile audience spanning more than 20,000 applications. Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Santa Barbara, London, Paris, Dusseldorf, Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.
Tapjoy is a rapidly growing company with strong revenues and solid market share, and needs an experienced Accounting Manager with a focus on order-to-cash. We are experiencing rapid growth in the mobile market and we need smart, friendly people to support our continued growth. This position will report to the VP of Finance and will supervise two (2) Accountants and a Revenue Manager. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following as additional roles and/or focus will be needed as the company and department continues to grow and evolve:
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day accounting and operations of order-to-cash and revenue cycle, from invoicing and collections to revenue recognition issues.
- Direct and expedite the financial close process for monthly, quarterly and annual financials in accordance with GAAP, including reviewing journal entries and reconciliations performed by team members
- Document and update existing processes and controls for all order-to-cash cycles and recommend process improvements
- Work closely with Sales Controller and Ad Operations to create, improve and implement processes
- Work closely with our Auditors to complete annual and quarterly audits
- Supervise, train, provide guidance, and mentor direct reports
- Assist with ERP system implementation and other finance projects
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA required
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years operational experience in all areas of accounting in rapidly growing and public companies.
- Prior accounting experience within an advertising company is preferred
- Must have strong Excel skills and experience with Oracle
- High capacity to operate effectively in a fast pace environment with imperfect infrastructure. Must be highly detail oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and effective at problem solving
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- A mature, self-motivated person with a positive, professional attitude
- Progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
So...why would you want to work for Tapjoy?
The real question is...why wouldn't you?
- We are a small company doing very big things
- We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability to solve problems - and we provide a ton of autonomy in which to do this
- The mobile app space is a large opportunity and will continue to grow. We've done well so far and we clearly see where we need to go - and now we need your help to get there