Organization: Accenture Management Consulting
Level: Managing Director
Location: Location Negotiable
The Senior Management Consulting Executive, PE&CE is responsible for the sales and delivery of Management Consulting process excellence and change enablement type of work. The incumbent leads change programs for our clients or Accenture through business process and change interventions integrating strategy, process, technology and people. This requires building trusted advisor relationships with our clients by understanding our client's needs, shaping the 'right' solutions, and bringing the best of Accenture to address the client's most critical business issues. This role also requires growth in functional and industry specialization as well as contribution to the health of the AMC practice assuming one of a limited number of practice leadership responsibilities (e.g. Geographic, global group, business domain, and industry or thought leadership).
Key responsibilities may include:
- Pursue and cultivate trusted advisor relationships with BU/Division/Country Head levels within the client organization(s) at large / complex clients to drive client value
- Find and create business opportunities across countries for large, complex clients
- Foster a culture of Entrepreneurship
- Understand current and future client needs in the context of market dynamics, and apply insights to recommend short and / or long term value creation for the client at the BU/Division/Country Head levels that has the appropriate level of impact
- Understand the breadth of what we sell so that we are bringing the best of Accenture to the BU/Division/Country Head client levels through introducing and selling cross business services solutions across the entire functional and industry Business Services space and develop (and often implement) plans for introducing new functional or industry solutions that help expand Accenture's footprint in a market or client
- Achieve profitable growth and deliver your part of Accenture's growth strategy - Sales and CCI (Metric: Achieve or exceed sales and pricing objectives as established for you by your DTE for (1) MC SG sales and (2) Other SG/Pull through targets for these sales, sell the work at or above the deal-level won margin target (CCI &))
- Achieve profitable growth and deliver your part of Accenture's growth strategy - Revenue and CCI (Metrics: (1) Specify MC SG (ONLY) Revenue and ""SOLD AND DELIVERED"" CCI& targets)
- Achieve profitable growth and deliver your part of Accenture's growth strategy - Other (Metric: (1) Quantify # of clients where you will create value / describe the type of impact you will make (2) Describe actions to: proactively build durable ""trusted advisor"" relationships at the C-Level.; grow and maintain a broad network from current and past clients (e.g., maintain existing relationship with XX at client X; establish new senior relationships at clients Y and Z), and (3) Document your planned contributions to our external positioning, thought leadership and offering development; (describe activity and measurable outcome; e.g., keynote speaker at XX conference; articles to publish)
- Retain People we Need to Drive our Business (Metric: Retain at least 90 percent of top performers)
- Achieve Employee Engagement (Metrics: (1) Maintain (at a minimum) or improve engagement scores as communicated by leadership (2) Required for Career Counselors to Managing Directors: Actively coach and educate Managing Director counselees on Leadership Career model changes, have at least 4 career conversations with each counselee in FY13))
- Foster Inclusion and Diversity in your organization (Metric: (1) Sponsor at least 2 persons of diversity (gender/ ethnicity/ sexual orientation/ gender identity/ disability/ cross-cultural) who are outside your standard career counselor relationship (2) Provide visible sponsorship to recruiting, retaining & engaging diverse talent in your organization
- Contribute to the development of our practice and our people (Metrics: (1) Quantify # of high performers you mentor or will mentor at the Managing Director or below career level, (2) Include specific example(s) of activities you plan in the areas of recruiting, support of Managing Director and employee integration and mentoring (not just focused on diversity) and (3) for Managing Directors with Practice Leadership responsibilities, document planned participation as an LDP sponsor, share your teachable point of view, mentor, act as a leadership coach. Also, please comment on the practice(s) you plan to build inclusive of the size & geographic reach of the practice(s))
- Improve Accenture's Profitability (Metric: Document actions you will take to improve MC pricing: e.g., better segmentation of our work (Strategy, OVR, PE&CE), pricing our work depending on the type of value we bring to clients, being more open to risk and reward sharing, and moving away from pure "cost " pricing)
At our complex clients:
- Lead, develop and engage the Management Consulting Practice at the client to identify and drive value
- Collaborate with Client Account leadership to drive the Management Consulting strategic point of view, ensure delivery expectations are met and resolve open issues related to management consulting sales and delivery
- Bring the best Management Consulting Resources to the client
- Act as a people and client leader developing Leaders (Management Consulting Executives) beneath you, peers (other Senior Management Consulting Executives), clients and colleagues
- A minimum of ten plus (10 ) years of experience in Financial Analysis, Financial Transactions and Value Creation
- Bachelor Degree
- Expertise in Financial Analysis, Financial Transactions and Value Creation, AML (Anti Money Laundering), Basel II, Commodity Trading Risk Management, Credit Risk, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Financial Risk Management, Limit Monitoring, Market Risk, MiFID (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive), Operational Risk Management, Pension Risk Management, Risk Adjusted Performance Management, Risk Scoring and Analytics, Solvency II, Strategic Risk Management, Transfer Pricing
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Committed to delivering innovation, Accenture collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. With deep industry and business process expertise, broad global resources and a proven track record, Accenture can mobilize the right people, skills and technologies to help clients improve their performance. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.