Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
– Lafayette, CO
- 30+ days ago
Epsilon is a leading Marketing Services Provider that uses consumer and business data together with proven approaches to maximize business results for clients worldwide. Services include strategic consulting, database and loyalty technology, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of creative and interactive services including brand and promotional development, web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company.
Epsilon Data Solutions has quickly and quietly grown into an industry leader in providing marketing data to the countrys leading marketers to fuel their B2C and B2B programs across all addressable channels. Epsilon Targeting owns Abacus, the industrys leading marketing coop, ICOM, the largest survey based commercial database in the US and Canada and Epsilon recently acquired the marketing assets from Equifax Marketing Services to create TotalSource Plus, certainly one of the most complete and comprehensive consumer databases in the US.
Epsilon Data Solutions is in the early stages of rebranding these previously disparate businesses under the Epsilon Targeting brand. Epsilon Targeting is positioning its assets as the Data That Matters with our ability to apply the Data That Performs to drive business improvement.
For more information, visit www.epsilon.com
Role Summary - To become a critical component in Epsilon Targetings ability to significantly grow its business by selling high value, high volume data driven solutions. The Data Strategists role is to be an expert resource on consumer data and the Epsilon data assets. To align our data and delivery assets to solve market leaders most significant business challenges. The Data Strategist works with sales to position these resources within the market to gain incremental revenue from current clients and to close business with targeted new accounts.
• Spend approximately 35-40% of the time in the field actively participating in account planning, prospect/client meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), vertical industry conferences, and Epsilon cross-channel discussions.
• Be a key resource in the design and development of market-specific data products and their application in order to provide a compelling industry/client value proposition.
• Provide feedback back to sales and product leadership on any product, solution and service gaps that are inhibiting successful growth.
• Be knowledgeable and current on data applications for clients in each vertical. Work with product management, industry strategists, data engineering, and marketing to package these solutions for each vertical into content that is easy to understand, easy to sell and easy to implement.
• Be primary resource for Epsilon Enterprise and Data Solutions sales teams to strategically align data solutions to meet current and evolving client needs.
• Be an active participant in account planning for defined accounts to align solutions with industry/client objectives resulting in high value, long- term sales.
• Work with product, sales, analytics and data engineering to define and implement standardized data testing protocols to provide high-value insight to clients and prospects that demonstrates the strength of ET data, and allows delivery in a reasonable timeframe.
• Guide the competitive data assessment processes undertaken by our clients and prospective clients to make sure assessments are comprehensive and not just based upon simplistic evaluations.
• Work with sales to deliver ROI pro-formas in proof of concept discussions as requested.
• Review current pricing for Epsilon data, and work with product to develop improved packaging and volume-based pricing for data enhancement and install solutions.
• Work with senior sales leadership to resolve customer pricing issues and ensure that pricing quoted for data opportunities generates the necessary profit contribution to maintain defined ET EBITDA targets.
• Engage strategic consulting team as appropriate to deliver fee-based planning and analytic solutions (e.g.: consulting and providing in-depth analytic engagements, drafting marketing plans, building analytic/marketing roadmaps, etc.)
• Participate in knowledge sharing across the organization so that new ideas are constantly shared, and successful product applications can be leveraged to other opportunities
• Be a resource to marketing in the creation of white papers, Points of View and conference presentations (along with client in most cases). Work with marketing and sales to build a library of successful use cases where a quantifiable and significant result was attained.
• Experience in multi-channel marketing , including and understanding of third-party data, analytics, database services and marketing applications across all addressable channels
• In depth knowledge of all dimensions of consumer data and in particular Epsilon data offline/online, batch/real-time, individual/geographic, self-reported/observed/inferred, etc.
• Ability to engage with sales in prospect discovery discussions with to uncover their business challenges and allow Epsilon to prescribe solutions. Establish level of comfort and confidence in client discussions.
• Thorough knowledge of Epsilon technology, products and services
• In-depth knowledge of direct and interactive marketing applications
• Well developed ability to create compelling presentations and present to audiences of all sizes
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Undergraduate degree in business administration, marketing or statistics. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
A minimum of 10 years of industry experience and/or consulting on data related applications in assigned market verticals
Compensation and Benefits
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a compreh