Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
NANA Family of Companies – Herndon, VA
NANA Family of Companies - 30+ days ago
Title: Director of Civilian Sales
Affigent, LLC is a small Alaskan Native Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Akima, LLCa NANA companywhose portfolio of companies currently provides over $1 Billion in professional services to the Federal government.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Director of Sales is responsible for leading a sales team composed of both inside and outside sales individuals who are focused on driving revenue growth and profitability throughout their assigned territories. The candidate will leverage his/her proven experience in solution-sales to the federal government via a consultative sales approach to teach and mentor his/her sales team in order to achieve their quotas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leading and managing the current team of inside and outside sales representatives.
• Recruiting, hiring, developing, and managing additional sales representatives.
• Assist Account Executives in building and executing a sales plan that meets or exceeds short term and long term goals, objectives, and quotas.
• Managing your teams sales pipeline, reporting, forecast, budgets and promotions.
• Contacting and visiting your teams prospects and clients to communicate Affigents value proposition among key decision makers within the organization.
• Coaching and training your team on customer acquisition, customer development, time management.
• Developing, maintaining, and leveraging strong relationships with OEM Partners that can lead to new business opportunities.
• Work with sales reps to help identify and close qualified opportunities.
• Meet or exceed your teams monthly and yearly Sales Revenue and Gross Profit target goals.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* MBA degree preferred.
* Minimum of 8 years experience managing a Federal sales team focused on IT sales to the Federal Government. (This is a must requirement).
* Experience selling hardware, software, networking equipment, storage, peripherals and supplies and technical solutions to the Federal marketplace.
* The successful candidate will have experience leading the sales team by being customer facing and closing business.
* Working knowledge of FAR regulations and Federal Government procurement processes.
* Has existing government customer relationships.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Goal oriented and self-motivated, but also a team player.
* Proven history of meeting/exceeding yearly quota.
* General working knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* 10% to 25% business travel.
* May occasionally be required to lift up to 20lbs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Do you need assistance?
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please your Recruiter, Margaret Burke at (703) 766-6240 or, firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
For us to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance.