Tesla 0 reviews– Palo Alto, CA
Tesla - 30+ days ago
Test Engineer - Charging Systems
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We are building a technically strong, fast-moving team that prides itself on superior execution.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to provide validation support for the Charging Systems Engineering Team. This test engineering role will require someone with an electromechanical skill set that is comfortable testing a variety of products.
· Product validation from concept through production
· Run R&D testing for next generation charging equipment
· Testing, planning, executing and reporting
· Define test requirements
· Meaningfully interpret test results and propose new tests to further product goals
· Design, build, and utilize test fixtures
· Track adequacy and success of tests suites against requirements
· Collaborative work with design engineering and reliability teams
· Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
· Strong understanding of engineering and reliability fundamentals (including basic programming skills)
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Understanding of safety and EMC compliance testing requirements (UL, TUV, etc)
· 3D CAD skills (Solidworks / Catia V5 preferred)
· Basic machine shop skills
· Experience with schematic capture
· Experience with oscilloscopes and DMMs
· High voltage/power experience a plus
· Experience with automated test and data acquisition equipment (Labview a plus)
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.