Burson-Marsteller's Technology Practice has an opening at the Senior Associate level supporting a large enterprise client. The Senior Associate will partner and work with Client representatives in carrying out the Client's business and communications goals; provide counsel and assistance. Identify problems and opportunities and recommend possible courses of action to the Client Leader. The ideal candidate that can speak with authority and creativity regarding specific PR challenges. Candidate must have the media relation skills and media contacts as well as a solid foundation in social media. Senior Associate can be based in San Francisco, Chicago, Boston or New York City.
- Develops and fosters a relationship with the Client and external audiences.
- Manages account teams, managing both up and down
- Research, design, develop, implement and manage routine client projects.
- Oversees day-to-day planning of major events.
- Responsible for giving day-to-day direction to an Associate, a Client Executive or a Client Staff Assistant.
- Handles media inquiries.
- Reviews materials (e.g. pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters) prepared by Associates or Client Executives.
- Develop materials on complex issues (e.g. Q&A, speeches, and collateral materials).
- Develop pitches and places positive stories by and about the Client in business, trade and consumer media, when appropriate.
- Maintains steady and positive Client presence in trade media through releases, contact and responsiveness to inquiries/requests.
- Maintains clear and consistent communication between the Client and account team and manages workflow.
- Partners with Client and other communications firms (i.e. ad agencies) to develop and complete communications plan.
- Contributes to program development for the Client and new business proposals.
- Handles account administration duties such as billing and activity reports.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to supervise the work of junior account staff.
- Ability to generate ideas and think creatively.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure.
- Ability to work with detailed information.
- Ability to follow process.
- 5 - 7 years of work experience in public relations, technology experience.
- Must have prior experience working with a large PR firm and large accounts.
- Basic knowledge of media relations from key trade publications to national outlets.
- College degree preferred (public relations, journalism or related field of study).
- Strong understanding of the public relations industry.
- Previous experience supporting, and knowledge of, the high-tech industry.
- Knowledge of PR agency resources, culture and system.
- Must be a good communicator orally and in writing; impeccable interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills.
- Proficient in developing and delivering business presentations.
- Proficient in computer software (XP/MS Suite).
Burson-Marsteller, established in 1953, is a leading global public relations and communications firm. It provides clients with strategic thinking and program execution across a full range of public relations, public affairs, reputation and crisis management, advertising and web-related strategies. The firms seamless worldwide network consists of 68 offices and 81 affiliate offices, together operating in 109 countries across six continents. Burson-Marsteller is a part of Young & Rubicam Group, a subsidiary of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), the worlds leading communications services network. To learn more about Burson-Marsteller visit www.burson-marsteller.com.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.