- Coordinates and provides care utilizing the critical thinking framework known as the nursing process.
- The nursing process forms the foundation of the nurse's decision making to help partner with patients/families to attain, maintain and restore health whenever possible.
- Blends caring, compassion, knowledge and integrity to provide safe quality care that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Provides respiratory care using critical thinking skills learned and refined through education and experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
- A Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) demonstrates these skills by successfully completing examinations administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) and earning the credential RRT.
- Assesses, evaluates results, and implements complex methods of providing care. Participates in the delivery of care and functions as a specialty clinical resource for other caregivers.
- Provides a caring relationship that facilitates health and healing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience Description: Recent clinical respiratory care experience (hospital, home care, skilled nursing facility) and/or previous respiratory care practice.
Experience Minimum Required: Current state license
Experience Preferred/Desired: 1 year hospital experience.
Education Description: State license and/or 'RRT' credential in accordance to the National Board of Respiratory Care.
Education Minimum Required: Current state license
Training Minimum Required: Successful completion of Hospital and Departmental orientation
Licensure Description: Successful completion of entry and advanced level exams for RCPs. ABG endorsed, if applicable
Licensure Minimum: RN,CRT,RRT,BLS
Licensure Preferred: ACLS
Software Powered by iCIMS