Teradata Aster (a division of Teradata Corporation) is a proven leader in Big Data management and analysis for data-driven applications. Teradata Asters nCluster is the first MPP architecture that enables both SQL and Map-Reduce programs to be run natively as first-class citizens in parallel. The combination of SQL and Map-Reduce allows analytic applications to be fully embedded within the storage and computation engine to enable ultra-fast, deep analysis of massive data sets.
Teradata Aster's unique applications-within approach allows application logic to exist and execute with the data itself. Termed a Massively Parallel Data-Application Server, Teradata Asters solution effectively uses Asters patent-pending SQL-MapReduce with parallelized data processing and applications to address the Big Data challenge.
The company was founded by colleagues in the Ph.D. Computer Science program from Stanford University. Mayank Bawa, Co-President, focused on algorithm design for querying large distributed data systems. Tasso Argyros, Co-President, investigated network and software issues involved in the design and implementation of large-scale data clusters
This position is for Performance Architect in the Architecture Group. The Performance Architect is responsible for ensuring optimal performance and scalability of all aspects of the product including the distributed database and map-reduce server and the analytic application stack. The applicant should have extensive experience in performance measurement analysis for distributed systems that includes experience designing and executing performance benchmarks for complex parallel database workloads. Experience analyzing Java application and/or database internals performance is a major plus.
As a member of the Architecture Group you will help define the technical roadmap for the product, will influence the specification and design of major features, and will be a hands-on contributor to engineering efforts. Architect responsibilities also include leading customer and partner enablement efforts, mentoring engineers, and evangelizing our market leading technology at conferences and other venues.
- Ensuring optimal performance and scalability of all aspects of the product including the distributed database and map-reduce server and the analytic application stack.
- Design and execution of performance benchmarks.
- Ability and willingness to become a hands-on engineer as necessary.
- Working with fellow architects, product management, and other stakeholders to define the technical roadmap for the product in response to customer requirements and market forces.
- Help train and mentor members of the systems and database engineering team.
- 8 years experience analyzing and improving distributed system performance that includes design and execution of performance benchmarks for complex parallel database and/or application workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate execution plans for complex parallel database queries and/or map-reduce workloads.
- Experience analyzing and improving Java application performance is a major plus.
- Experience developing in C, C , and Java.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- 10 years of experience in the software industry.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.