Principal Research Architect - Multimedia
Work in HR? Unlock Free Profile
- Provide consulting services to relevant business units and at the corporate level.
- Present opportunities with cost/benefit analysis to upper management.
- Develop division-wide technical perspectives, standards, solutions, and strategies that resolve significant product or organizational weaknesses.
- Perform requirement analysis and specifications.
- Perform system, product and interface specification and documentation.
- Interact with external customers.
- Perform and reporting technology trend analysis.
- Create new solution/system/software architectures, prototyping and designs.
- Create of relevant Intellectual Property.
- Participate in the academic community.
- Mentor of junior members of the team.
- Proven 12+ year research and advanced development track record in multimedia systems and technology.
- Working experience in well-known industry company is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in system/software architecture.
- Demonstrated leadership in multimedia technologies.
- Excellent project leader skills.
- Proven experience in working advanced technology research, developing scalable, reliable and robust telecom/enterprise grade systems.
- Excellent understanding of networks and protocols, such as TCP/IP and HTTP/XML.
- Excellent understanding of current and emerging services/application on various content delivery networks, including location-based services.
- Demonstrated ability to create new software and system architectures and interfaces providing innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and innovate.
- Extensive experience developing complex software with some combination of C/C++, JAVA, HTML/XML, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.
- Excellent project leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- MS in CS/EE or equivalent experience. Ph.D. is strongly preferred.
Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO