The staff researcher is an architect position who will develop system and software architecture for new generation platform of Information-centric networking, traffic modeling, name-based routing/forwarding, distributed computing/storage, security and optimization. You will be an important member of the advanced technology research team and will be a key leader for all product development. Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze and specify advanced services/applications, leading technologies, solutions, infrastructure, protocols, and functional components
- Technology trend analysis, requirements and functional/feature specifications
- Create new solution/system/software architectures, prototyping and designs for consolidating content-aware data forwarding plane, routing control plane, storage plane and service processing plane
- Internal/External product interface specifications to meet customer requirements
- Review system design and external/external customer documentation
- Mentor other members of the team in the areas of proprietary technology, innovation, and standards relevant to company products and solutions.
- Minimum of 2~3 years of experience in research and system/software product development. Working experience in well-known industry company is preferred.
- Experience in system/software architecture and system modeling.
- Proven experience in advanced technology research, developing scalable, reliable and robust telecom/enterprise grade systems.
- Excellent understanding of Telecom/enterprise networks and protocols, such as Cloud computing/GRID/P2P/CDN, TCP/IP, HTTP/XML and OSPF/BGP, user behavior modeling and analysis (LDA/HDP), Linux, etc,.
- Excellent understanding of current and emerging services/application on mobile networks, security, location-based services and distributed computing system, and Internet-of-Things.
- Demonstrated ability to create new software and system architectures and interfaces providing innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and innovate.
- Extensive experience developing complex software with some combination of C/C++, JAVA, HTML/XML, Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP and SQL
- Great understanding of agile software development processes and life circle management.
- Excellent project leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- TBS/MS in CS/EE or equivalent experience. Ph.D. is desirable.