Simply Hired is seeking talented, passionate senior-level Search Engineers who are hands on with various aspects of Search Engine development, thrive in terabytes, and yearn for a compelling opportunity to build the next generation search technology to help people everywhere find a job that they love.About Simply Hired:
Simply Hired®, a technology company based in Sunnyvale, California, operates job search engines in 24 countries and 12 languages. With more than 30 million unique visitors per month, the company provides job seekers access to over 8 million job openings across all job categories and industries, reaching job seekers on the web, social networks, mobile devices, email, and via thousands of partner sites including LinkedIn, The Washington Post, and Bloomberg Businessweek. With its Sponsored Jobs offering, Simply Hired enables employers to efficiently and cost-effectively reach candidates searching for jobs through its full-service and self-service pay-per-click (PPC) job advertising solutions. Simply Hired was founded in 2005, has offices in Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York and Toronto, and is privately held with funding from Foundation Capital and IDG Ventures. For more information, visit www.simplyhired.com. The Role:
You are a talented, creative and motivated Engineer who will focus on our search quality, search relevance, and search infrastructure. Your work will be challenging, creative, fast-paced, and intellectually stimulating. You will influence the technical direction of the next generation Search Technology at the world’s largest Job Search Engine. You will analyze terabytes of data on Hadoop to derive insights that will make our search algorithms smarter.
As our search capability meets our robust data intelligence and evolves into a personalized “career discovery” engine, your efforts will help millions of people around the world find a job that they love!
(Now who wouldn’t want to do that
- Design, develop, and maintain pipelines that create search indexes out of data from large databases.
- Conceive of and implement new features and ranking changes to improve search and ultimately help users both find what they want and interesting new content.
- Continually improve/enhance search quality and infrastructure.
- Experience designing and developing large-scale Search Engine components.
- Extensive programming and scripting experience.
- Knowledge of Lucene and/or Solr a plus.
- Knowledge of (or interest in) Hadoop.
- Ability to learn new things, quickly.
- Ability to “get things done”, independently or by working with a team.
- Experience in distributed computing, information retrieval, data mining, algorithm development, and machine learning a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Simply Hired is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters & agencies please don't contact this job posting or send candidates.