SugarSync is seeking a Product Manager to drive new experiences targeted at primarily prosumers and businesses across our mobile, web and desktop applications. Reporting to the VP of Product Management, you will heavily influence and lead decisions to define a product strategy that aligns with the overall business strategy of the company. You’ll collect and prioritize requirements, brainstorm innovative customer experiences, document product requirements, work with design to develop mockups, collaborate with engineering on product implementation, and coordinate with marketing for launch and promotion of new experiences. Key responsibilities include:
- Drive product management strategy in the creation and execution of product roadmap.
- Prioritize product backlog; evaluate tradeoffs and time to market. Collect product requirements from multiple sources (e.g. consumer feedback, competitive assessment, requests, etc.).
- Write detailed requirements documents and work with designers to develop flows, wireframes and mockups.
- Define and track key product metrics; evaluate success of existing features based on data. Monitor overall business metrics and use as input to product roadmap.
- Evaluate competition and our positioning against each competitor; document for use by others in the company.
- Lead all aspects of product success, working closely with engineering, user experience, operations, marketing and customer support to ensure product goals are met.
- 3+ years of internet or software product management experience.
- Experience writing detailed Product Requirements Documents (be prepared to show a sample) with preference for experience creating basic wireframes, flows and mockups.
- Experience with Agile software planning and development methodologies
- Experience defining and executing usability testing
- Proven track record of delivering successful products.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (Design, Engineering, Customer Support and Marketing).
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to tailor style appropriately to varying audiences, from executive strategic discussions to technical implementation discussions.
- Self-motivated worker with entrepreneurial passion and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Flexible and adaptive in order to succeed in an environment where market assumptions and competitors are constantly changing.
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, resourceful, quick intellect, natural curiosity.
BS/MBA or MS or equivalent experience
As much as we would like to give you a salary range, we must first understand your technical capabilities and your fit in our company. Please know that our salaries are competitive for the Silicon Valley market, ALL SugarSync employees are company shareholders and our benefits package is generous including covered health care premiums and weekly catered lunches.
SugarSync, Inc, based in San Mateo CA, combines all the excitement and perks of a start-up company with the infrastructure and management of a well-established firm. The team is exceptional: well-grounded, focused, and determined to offer the best product in this “hot” technological space. SugarSync is a place to work with and learn about real sync technology and to make a meaningful and influential contribution.
The SugarSync product is a reflection of the people developing and implementing it: direct, easy to access and exceptional. With a simple download on your computers and mobile devices, you have all the cloud has to offer with additional features and customer support. Our product is consider to be a market innovator and is poised for incredible growth, having been described as “The Next Killer App” by the Enderle Group, as “the best solution I have tested for replicating and synchronizing your files across multiple computers” by Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal.