TITLE: Senior Scientist
Collaborate with external pharmaceutical and academic partners in order to meet overall scientific and business objectives. Design, execute, and troubleshoot protein conformational change experiments to consistently deliver outstanding results in a fast-paced, goal-oriented research environment. Formulate hypotheses, review scientific literature and generate data for Pharma partner collaborators, and develop new applications of the underlying technology in collaboration with academic scientists. Ensure collaboration projects run smoothly and efficiently through excellent communication (between external collaborators and company leadership) and conscientious project management. Publish and present scientific results together with collaborators when appropriate.
Key Results Expected
- Generate scientific results for Pharma partners quickly and consistently through superior experiment execution and design
- Communicate and listen well to partners to inform and guide experiment and assay design as well as produce the data they seek.
- Achieve targeted goals for pharmaceutical and academic collaborations (e.g., assay development, validation, and library screening)
- Develop new applications of the technology through innovative experimental design and robust protocols/workflows.
- Publish key scientific results in collaboration with partners
Skills & Experience
- Protein handling, labeling, purification, activity assays, assay development compound screening
- Ability to think critically and independently is paramount. Must have strong record of success in protein experiments.
- Strong collaboration skills. Capable of building relationships and working effectively with diverse external partners. Strong sense of empathy – can understand and be aligned with partner goals, and help them succeed. Excellent communication skills required, both written and oral.
- Excellent hands. Ability to execute experiments accurately and consistently. Hands-on scientist who enjoys both performing and analyzing experiments.
- Individual excellence, team spirit. Capable of working well within a team of scientists, engineers and business-oriented colleagues with diverse backgrounds, united by ambitious goals.
- Passion for science, driven to succeed. Has the energy and curiosity needed to sustain high-impact science at a research frontier.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or a related discipline is required. 3-5 years of experience in drug discovery and in vitro assay development in Pharma is required.
- Full time employee at Biodesy, Inc.
- Located in South SF
- See www.biodesy.com for more information