Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
Work in HR? Unlock Free Profile
- Create the world’s best, distributed software server infrastructure products which companies will rely on for mission-critical OLTP needs.
- Participate in requirements, architecture, and design specification reviews.
- Design and implement key server modules and networking protocol dispatch layers.
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability.
- Work with peers in an agile development environment.
- Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests.
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn new technologies and become productive extremely fast; strive for challenges with a do-what-ever-it-takes mentality.
- 2-7 years of commercial or open source software experience (prefer experience with packaged, downloadable software).
- Hardcore C is an absolute must.
- Built high-performance distributed networked server systems that run cross-platform on Windows/Linux and POSIX infrastructure.
- Experience with BDD and TDD methodologies and tools like cucumber.
- Experience coding with C#, Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience using various tools such as Bugzilla, git, gnu toolchains (like gcc, autotools, automake)
- Excellent analytical skills and fanatical attention to detail.
- Solid experience with software development lifecycles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player.
Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO