We are looking to add a smart, energetic, and fast learning System Administrator/Operations Engineer who will develop, manage and support Couchbase’s growing infrastructure including building and maintaining virtual clouds for QE and development, automate deployments using Chef, manage the network, security, build infrastructure, and more.
As an independent thinker, you may be free to replace some of the technologies we currently use with ones you feel are better. If so, you should be prepared to discuss and debate the pros and cons of suggested technologies with other stakeholders. Responsibilities
- Maintain and support all IT needs for a growing organization including hardware and software support, networking, security, build infrastructure, and more.
- Maintain and support mission critical, front-end and back-end production environments
- Provide desktops/laptops support for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Provide support for remote and VPN access.
- Install, Develop, and maintain VMs for testing and development. Create images, install VMs, install cloud components like ESXi , vCenter, vSphere, vCenter, Xen, Xen management software, etc.
Good to have
- Knowledge of sys admin automation tools (including Chef), file services (nfs, smb), backups and recovery tools
- Experienced in network management, DNS management, switches configuration, VLAN, security and best practices, VPN, etc..
- Experienced on installing, upgrading, and maintaining Redhat, debian, Mac OSX, Windows, Vmware, Solaris
- Creating new build machines using chef or other configuration management tools
- Proven ability to take on new tasks, and work independently to bring the tasks to completion
- Familiar and able to maintain tools like of git, gerrit, wiki, and Jira
- Familiar with scripting languages like python, ruby, nginx, postfix, bind, AWS is a plus
- Develop and maintain cool thing that we have like remote bell ringer for the sales team, git mirror, build query service, etc..