Senior Virtualization Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Works cross functionally as a key member of a virtual platform team.
- Has many skills in common with team members but also provides specialist expertise in at least one area.
- Time is balanced between contributing to a collaborative design process; executing on tactical and strategic initiatives; and ensuring the environment is error free.
- Mentors others as necessary. Can skillfully navigate tough situations both internally and externally.
- Provides strategic influence across groups, projects and products to implement cost-effective technology solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Provides long-term systems strategy and vision.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Deep technical expertise designing deploying and operating VMware vSphere environments
- Deep technical expertise of either Microsoft Windows or Linux OSes (both preferred)
- Deployment and Configuration
- Development Software Stacks
- Scripting and Automation
- Strong Routing and Switching network skills – at least a “working knowledge” and understanding of TCP/IP core protocols and functions
- Knowledge and experience with VMware Auxiliary technologies
- VMware vCloud Director (vCD)
- VMware View
- VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- VMware Orchestrator
- Working knowledge and experience using a scripting (PowerShell, Perl) or programming language (Python, Java, .NET) to automate and accelerate delivery of infrastructure technology solutions
- Experienced in the design and operation of large scale Virtualization, Utility Computing and Cloud based platforms in a SaaS environment.
- Experience developing or contributing to the development of an enterprise architecture and/or Infrastructure architecture framework is strongly desired
- Demonstrated judgment in optimizing among customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Strong background in VMware vSphere virtualization technology
- Strong background in Windows or Linux OS and related tools
- Background in storage and networking technologies particularly as they pertain to virtualization environments
- 10 Years of Experience engineering technology infrastructure solutions
- 5 Years of Experience focused on VMware virtualization
- VMware VCP5 certification desired
- Demonstrated ability to define and document a technical architecture
- Ability to work well with others both internally within a team and among external teams
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-directed and result-oriented with a strong personal commitment to quality and on-schedule delivery
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines
Beyondsoft (www.beyondsoft.com) is a leading IT outsourcing company with Global Delivery Centers. Beyondsoft offers IT consulting, Application Development and Maintenance (ADM), ERP and BPO services to the clients across the globe. With its relentless focus on achieving the highest quality in its deliveries, Beyondsoft has become a trusted brand and achieved consistent growth in its repeat business with its clients. Beyondsoft is a publicly traded company.
Beyondsoft has development centers in the major cities around the world, with operations/centers in the U.S., China, Japan, Singapore and India. The global delivery centers enable Beyondsoft to offer high-quality and cost effective services to its clients by adopting the right mix of onsite, near-site and multi-tier offshore delivery centers. It also allows Beyondsoft to share and grow its offerings, knowledge and process maturity. Beyondsoft is an ISO27001 certified company and the security systems at Beyondsoft meet world’s most strict standards.
Beyondsoft is renowned for its experience in working with the world's best technology companies and some of the world's leading enterprises in the vertical industries. Our commitment to quality is reflected in the fact that all of the world's top five technology companies are currently long-term clients of Beyondsoft. Being a leading service
supplier dedicated to end-to-end ITO and BPO services, Beyondsoft has also accumulated extensive experience in the verticals like financial services, pharmaceutical, telecom, etc. with the leading players of those industries.