If you can dig through a mountain of data to find an interesting insight that will change the company, we're looking for you.
The Web/Business analyst will drive the analysis of all PBwiki analytical functions, including traffic, revenues, marketing campaigns, feature traction, and market research. As a company that relies on metrics to rapidly iterate and improve, your reports and wisdom will be foundational in guiding the company's direction.
What kind of person are you?
You're curious and thorough. You breathe Excel. You can comb through user data and uncover interesting surprises we didn't know about. You love digging through numbers to find trends and to recommend actionable items. You've previously worked with SaaS companies and large userbases. You'll create and measure many key analytics and present them in a way that makes sense. You know how to work with engineers to get the source data you need to produce information dashboards. Tufte's like an old friend of yours.
- Collecting and presenting key stats, including web metrics, business metrics, and product metrics
- Creating, monitoring, and improving tools to monitor the successes of experiments.
- Working cross-functionally to create benchmarks for product releases (and measuring them)
- Help project teams make decisions with metrics
- Work with engineering team to systematize stats collection
- 3-5 years experience in web analytics (ideally for a SaaS provider)
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, graphing for understanding, statistics, and analytics
- Analytical/technical experience combined with business intuition for effective recommendations
- Prior experience with complex analyses of large-scale systems
- Experience with Salesforce.com (preferred)
- Experience with relevant analytical terminology, including pipeline analysis, lifetime value, etc
- Highly motivated (it's a startup!) and able to work on multiple concurrent projects
- SQL & PHP programming abilities a plus
Please suggest 3 interesting stats you'd dig up for PBwiki in you cover letter.