Our client is looking for an experienced Software Director/Project Manager to lead projects and staff to develop embedded application software for our next generation codecs and video processing products for commercial and government/military markets in Alameda, CA.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Manage multiple teams of 5-10 engineers to specify, partition, architect, document, implement, validate and release drivers, middleware, and application code for a growing codec product line.
- Negotiate and flesh out functional requirements with Product Marketing Managers.
- Write architectural overviews and detailed system design specifications, including hardware/software partitioning, test requirements, task lists, and schedules.
- Develop and track detailed specifications, project plans, resource assignments & schedules in conjunction with Engineering, Marketing & Project Managers, and Executive staff.
- Supervise development and verification of new C code as well as maintenance of existing code base on a variety of processors.
- Prioritize, schedule, track, and coordinate the development, verification and release of code with other hardware & software engineers and program managers.
- Set standards for and track unit test and functional verification prior to release of test builds to system test.
- Develop, coordinate and implement improvements in software development methodology and best practices including requirements definition, specification development, and DVT/unit test strategies.
- Propose and implement software infrastructure projects.
- Effectively communicate ideas, objectives and plans both internally and outside the Software group and project team.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BS or MS (or Ph.D) degree in EE, CS, or Mathematics or equivalent.
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing software for embedded systems.
- 5+ years hands-on experience managing 5-10+ staff and projects for embedded apps.
- Experience with video compression and streaming over IP networks (RTSP/RTP).
- Experience with network communications.
- Expertise defining product architecture and partitioning hardware and firmware for a real-time hardware product in conjunction with Lead Hardware Engineers.
- Expertise managing the specification, design, verification, release and support of Linux applications, middleware and drivers as well as Java and Java/Swing GUI applications.
- Expertise and demonstrated application of strong firmware development practices.
- Strong knowledge of C, Java and Linux.
- Experience programming video integrated circuits: graphics chipsets, converters, scalers, video encoders & decoders, and DVI/HDMI receiver/transmitters.
- Practice resolving undefined or vaguely defined Marketing requirements.
- Knowledge of uncompressed video standards & protocols (DVI, YCrCb, EDID, HDCP, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills – can lead and run departmental or project meetings, write status reports, and present to executive staff or customers.
- Experience with TI Netra Family DSPs.
- Experience with HDMI features (metadata, HDCP, EDID, audio, deep color).
Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Beyondsoft ConsultingPros
The HRs are very nice, they will assist you with anything, proactively.Cons
actually not yet found so farAdvice to ManagementAdvice