Beyondsoft is servicing a client who is looking for an experienced Sr. Hardware Engineer to develop FPGA level solutions for the next generation of video and graphic products in Alameda, CA.
What You'll Be Doing!
What You'll Be Doing!
- Develop high performance video and graphic products using off-the-shelf video interface and processing ICs; digital, analog and fiber interfaces; embedded FPGA IP (processors, video processing, host interfaces); and high speed interface design including DDR2/3.
- Participate in system architectural design; generate board level micro-architecture; write specifications; determine system & unit test requirements; hold specification & design reviews.
- Schedule and track the development, verification, and release of your design work with other project team members and project managers.
- Verify hardware functionality in your own test environment as well as in conjunction with the rest of the project team and system test engineers.
- Effectively communicate ideas, objectives, and plans for presentations both internally and outside of your team.
- B.S. or M.S. in EE, CS, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing FPGAs.
- 3+ years hands-on experience developing FPGAs for video products.
- Recent experience taking hardware products into production.
- Strong working knowledge of high performance video design techniques including designs with converters, scalers, drivers, high-speed memory (DDR2/3), microprocessor subsystems.
- Strong FPGA design skills including familiarity with Xilinx & Altera tool flows with Verilog & VHDL.
- Familiarity with analog and digital video standards and protocols.
- Proficient with high speed design techniques with clocks ranging from 165 MHz to over 1.5 GHz, including parasitic and timing extraction using Hyperlinx.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills, including hands-on familiarity with analog & digital oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to lead and work closely with others in a small team environment.
- Being familiar with applications of embedded processors and IP cores is a big plus!