ShopStyle, the leading product search engine on the web, is looking for an ambitious Front End Engineer to help build out the team. ShopStyle attracts over 10 Million monthly users. By aggressively keeping up with new technologies we hope to expand on that number. Our freshly built stack is as new and modern as can be. It’s ready for rapid development, iteration, and you.
Together we're building the next generation of social shopping with the best quality content and user experience in the market. We're looking for a leader to help us design, drive, and build: interactive search and real-time filtering; mobile shopping; great social and sharing features; a killer API and widget program; international content; scaling, performance, big data, and much more.
- Design and implement front-end features with rich dynamic web experiences
- Contribute to weekly product releases, code reviews, with a small and dynamic engineering team
- Understanding our product and how we can improve it for our users
- Passion and skills in user experience and web design
- Experience with one or more web application frameworks
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Ideally you have:
·Exposure to backend languages (Java, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Leadership experience or the desire and ability to influence your peers
- Experience with relational databases
- MVC framework experience (We use angular)
What makes ShopStyle different:
- We move fast. Very Fast. New features/enhancements are constantly being pushed to production.
- A startup that’s the best of both worlds. At just over 300 employees we are the perfect size for resourceful developers. The flexibility of a startup with the security/foundation of a larger company.
- Did someone say perks? 21 days PTO, flexible work hours, great gear (Macbook Pro, iPhone, Cinema display, etc), and Pre-IPO stock options.
ShopStyle is a part of POPSUGAR and named to the "10 San Francisco Tech Companies You Wish You Worked For" by WIRED. We are located in Downtown San Francisco.