Technical Support SpecialistLocation: USA - CA
Company Order Number: 195
# of openings: 1
About the Company:
Based in Foster City, in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, TeraRecon (www.terarecon.com) is the world's leading independent provider of client-server advanced visualization technology for radiology, cardiology and vascular surgery. The company was founded in 1997 and has over 4,000 installations globally, including some of the world's most famous medical imaging facilities, such as Stanford University, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, U.K. Freiburg, U.K. Bonn, U.K. Münster, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe – Universitt Frankfurt am Main, and many more. The company's unique and innovative client-server technology has enabled widespread access to advanced visualization technology in a way that was never before possible, when 3D visualization was confined to stand-alone workstations. Today, the company supplies internal server-based software solutions, in addition to Cloud-based real-time, interactive advanced visualization for CT, PET and MRI, through a web browser (visit terarecon.com/cloud to learn more).
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist to join our customer support team. This position will be based out of our headquarters in Foster City, CA.
* Provide technical assistance to computer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems which involve issues associated with our proprietary diagnostic 3D application running on
* Windows Desktop and Server Operating systems like Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003 and 2008 respectively.
* Troubleshooting problems related to SQL Server Database.
* Investigate problems related to real-time volume rendering hardware boards installed on PCI-e, PCI-x slots.
* Maintain a record of issues and remedial actions taken in resolution of them.
* Generate reports and follow-up with engineering team on issues identified as bugs in the 3D software running on Windows Operating systems.
* Explain and assess data workflow models for customer prior to setup and installation of Windows Servers and/or Workstations running our proprietary 3D application for the customer.
* Proficiency in DICOM (digital imaging and communications in medicine), which involves knowledge about DICOM standard.
* Requires proficiency in use of networking commands/tools in troubleshooting issues related to data transfer across a network.
* Bachelor degree in Science/Engineering or related Engineering +12 month’s experience.
Salary: Depending on qualifications and experience.
Benefits:Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, LTD, STD, Section 125, and 401K.
TeraRecon is an equal opportunity employer.