Functional Title: Test Engineer III
Researches, designs, develops, and implements test plans for software systems, in conjunction with product development teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Co-develop and analyze software requirements working with product development teams to determine feasibility of design within project constraints.
• Develop and maintain the overall solution, test plans, including test strategy, test design, and test cases.
• Consults with hardware and/or software engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
• Develop, execute, manage, maintain, document subsystem test plans, strategy, design, cases, and procedures.
• Develop and execute automated test scripts using test tools and scripting languages.
• Manage test programs, working with product program and outsource test partners.
• Using software development metrics and tools, document, track, and communicate plans, status, and risks. Support release decision making.
• Lead design reviews, defect reviews, and retrospectives.
• Recommend, develop, and implement program and process improvements for customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline plus 2 years experience; or Master’s degree plus 1 year experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• In-depth knowledge, application of engineering principles and concepts.
• Test development and test automation.
• Proven experience with creating test plans from software requirements or industry standards specifications. Experience with creating software requirements and designs, working with development partners.
• Knowledge and experience in software development life cycle, test automation, programming.
• Development platforms and languages: Mobility, UNIX, Linux, Mac, PCs and their applications, C, C++, HTML, Java, SQL, Perl, Visual Basic
• Effective communication, collaboration and influencing skills, including across geographies and divers interpersonal styles.
• Leadership, initiative, self-motivated.
• Project management fundamentals; analytical, organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization.