The U.S. is #1 in health care spending but #37 in quality of care. If you believe we can do better, come be a part of changing that number.
Acupera (www.acupera.com) Acupera is a San Francisco digital health company enabling new paradigms of healthcare delivery. We are developing a portfolio of digital health solutions that assist providers in population health management and care coordination. Our platform enables provider institutions to successfully risk-stratify and manage the clinical and behavioral issues that drive poor outcomes and high costs in their patient population. Medical centers maximize their human resources and achieve better outcomes via our cloud-based analytics and workflow engine. We have successfully implemented our solution in large health systems and are working with almost 2 million patient records. Our customer list is rapidly growing and includes some of the largest health systems in the country. You can read about what we’re doing for some of our customers here: http://www.mhealthnews.com/news/using-cloud-computing-close-gaps-in-care.
We have successfully implemented our solution in large health systems and currently manage over a million patient records on a daily basis.
Our office is in the Financial District of San Francisco next to the Montgomery/Market station. Our management team comes from Kellogg and Stanford, has years of experience at McKinsey, Pfizer and Microsoft and successful exits via sale from their previous startups.
We follow not just the Agile scrum process but also the Agile scrum philosophy: Weekly sprints, daily standups, frequent check-ins, automated testing and continuous integration. As a result, our development team is able to build features in weeks instead of months.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a talented and experienced product manager to lead the strategic direction for Acupera care coordination and population health solutions, and guide the development of product features to meet market needs. We are looking for a hands-on product manager who knows how to prioritize market and customer needs and translate those into product requirements for the engineering team.
You should be someone who thrives in the semi-chaotic world of fast moving companies.
You should be good at talking to customers, reading research articles, communicating with clinical experts and working closely with developers to come up with product features that blow our customers away, and following up to make sure they are implemented as you envision. Our goal is to take a problem customers have and give them a solution better than what they had imagined.
You will be working closely with the CEO in setting strategic direction for different product lines, with the CTO in defining requirements for the engineering team to follow, and with the CMO in ensuring that features are consistent with the medical direction of the product and incorporate medical informatics best practices.
If that's you, you need to join our team where our development team has the ability to build complex software very quickly and where we have customers lined up to actually use your ideas to improve patient care.
- Setting product vision and strategy for population health management systems at Acupera
- Close collaboration with implementation and informatics team to ensure market opportunities and needs are reflected in product plans and requirements
- Working directly with customers on requirements
- Conducting product research to further understand the competitive profile for the segment worldwide and opportunities for growth
- Ensuring customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers as required and ensuring the “voice of the customer” is reflected in work processes
- Translate customer needs into requirements for the engineering team and work closely with engineers to ensure successful development of the product features
- Working on a daily basis with developers to iterate on the features and test to verify they work as intended
- Minimum five (5) years product management experience in commercial software for the healthcare industry
- Experience with Agile software development process
- Experience in designing user interfaces
- Experience with clinical analytics (e.g., utilization reports, HEDIS reports, PQRI reports or similar) is preferred
- Knowledge of clinical terminologies (e.g. SNOMED, RxNorm, ICD 9, ICD 10, LOINC etc.) is preferred