Commonwealth of Massachusetts Employee Benefits and Perks | Glassdoor

Commonwealth of Massachusetts Benefits

Location: US
3.6
StarStarStarStarStar
81 Ratings

Employee Benefit Reviews

Showing 1–10 of 81 comments

Most Commented

  • Mar 08, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Boston, Massachusetts

    Very generous benefit package. 75 percent of health insurance paid, dental, fmla etc

  • Feb 09, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Compliance Officer in Springfield, Massachusetts

    There is a pension, which is rare these days, but the employee contribution is very high for newer employees and social security benefits are reduced.

  • Dec 16, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Chelsea, Massachusetts

    Best part of working for the State is the pension benefit, followed by vacation and sick leave.

  • Nov 30, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Boston, Massachusetts

    The benefits were pretty good. I was in a union position, which at the time paid better than a similar "management" position that was also open.

  • Dec 20, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Community Support Worker in Boston, Massachusetts

    Commonwealth contractors have no benefits or paid time off

  • Nov 03, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Framingham Center, Massachusetts

    They offered the health care spending act. Very helpful when you have young kids.

  • Sep 18, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Boston, Massachusetts

    The benefits package is decent but not the best. The Commonwealth is very transparent with their benefits package and provides this information on their website. Some benefits are available through union membership which shuts out management employees. For new employees Commonwealth pays 75% of the full cost premium and the employee pays the remaining 25%. For new employees, there is a two-month waiting period for health insurance, life insurance, long term disability insurance and the health care spending account. No 401k but employees can enroll in a 457b deferred compensation plan to supplement their pension contributions.

  • Jul 19, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Boston, Massachusetts

    I wish there were more/better transit benefits

  • Apr 06, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Dispatcher in Boston, Massachusetts

    exspensive, need better benefits for the amount we pay!

  • Mar 20, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Boston, Massachusetts

    Poor coverage for health. Dental is reimbursed through the union. Must be in the state systems for 10 years to be vested in the pension.

Benefits Summary


List based on reports from current and former employees. It may not be complete.

Legend:
Checkmark Employer Verified  No Data

Insurance, Health & Wellness

Financial & Retirement

Family & Parenting

Vacation & Time Off

Perks & Discounts

  • Employee Discount
  • Free Lunch or Snacks
  • CheckmarkEmployee Assistance Program (19)
  • Gym Membership
  • Commuter Checks & Assistance
  • Pet Friendly Workplace
  • Mobile Phone Discount
  • Company Car
  • Company Social Events
  • Travel Concierge
  • Legal Assistance

Professional Support

Work at Commonwealth of Massachusetts? Share Your Experiences

Commonwealth of Massachusetts
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or