Fannie Mae Employee Benefits and Perks | Glassdoor

Fannie Mae Benefits

Location: US
4.3
StarStarStarStarStar
226 Ratings

Employer Summary

Employer Benefits Image


We invest in you through a professional development curriculum that builds core skills for the workplace and strengthens critical management and leadership capabilities. We give you access to a full range of informal and formal development activities – face-to-face, online, and on the job.

We pay competitive salaries, and we encourage and recognize strong performance individually and across divisional teams.

Our robust 401(k) retirement savings plan matches your contributions up to 6 percent of your salary, vested immediately. We also add 2 percent of your compensation to the plan – whether you contribute or not – which vests after three years of service.

Our health care benefits include medical insurance, tax-saver spending accounts, and short- and long-term disability insurance.

Our financial-planning resources can help you plan to buy a house, send a child to college, get your finances in order, or retire.

And we offer a comprehensive range of career and lifestyle benefits to help you maintain a healthy work/life balance – including paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, and much more.


Employee Benefit Reviews

Showing 1–10 of 229 comments

Most Commented

  • Mar 13, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Intern in Reston, Virginia

    The offered interns a very competitive hourly rate and a generous signing bonus as well

  • Mar 09, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Washington, District of Columbia

    Standard 6% 401K matching plus extra 2% matching for a total of 8%!

  • Feb 26, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Senior Financial Analyst in Washington, District of Columbia

    Generous 401k match. Good maternity benefits. $10K tuition reimbursement. 30 day free childcare.

  • Feb 17, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Reston, Virginia

    Best: Good Work Life Balance Discount coupons Job Satisfaction Worst: Top management changes very often and so is the goals and requirements

  • Feb 18, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Software Developer in Reston, Virginia

    Budget Cuts are killing all benefits

  • Jan 02, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Washington, District of Columbia

    health insurance, Retirement Plan,Work From Home

  • Dec 10, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Washington, District of Columbia

    401k marching if generous and above industry norms. Although work from home options are flexible, divisions struggle with employees abusing it. Holidays provided are great and better than most. Small Loans for employees to buy houses are appreciated

  • Dec 08, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Software Engineer in Plano, Texas

    decent 401K matching, good insurance plan

  • Nov 29, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Accounts Payable Manager in Washington, District of Columbia

    Pay and work from home

  • Nov 26, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Plano, Texas

    Amazing amount of PTO, great health and dental/vision. Standard retirement package

Benefits Summary


List based on reports from current and former employees. It may not be complete.

Legend:
Checkmark Employer Verified  No Data

Insurance, Health & Wellness

Financial & Retirement

Family & Parenting

Vacation & Time Off

Perks & Discounts

Professional Support

Work at Fannie Mae? Share Your Experiences

Fannie Mae
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or