Genentech Employee Benefits and Perks | Glassdoor

Genentech Benefits

4.3
StarStarStarStarStar
332 Ratings

Employer Summary

Genentech is recognized for providing our employees with some of the most competitive and comprehensive benefits in the country. In 2015, we were ranked on FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the 17th consecutive year.

Far more important than public recognition, though, is the motivation behind making Genentech a truly great place to work. We believe that you, as an employee, matter above everything else. We back that statement up continuously with a unique approach to providing you with great benefits and valuable resources. Our benefits packages and resources are designed to support you in creating the life and work style that brings your best to your community, your family and Genentech's mission of addressing significant unmet medical needs.


Employee Benefit Reviews

Showing 1–10 of 332 comments

Most Commented

  • 401K Plan  (76 comments)

    “They match up to a certain percentage like most companies do”

  • Health Insurance  (70 comments)

    “Kaiser & PPO is offered with Minimal out of pocket expense. PPO is offered for dental and optometrist. Pretty good overall.”

  • Vacation & Paid Time Off  (50 comments)

    “Eighteen vacation days are accurued a year. Get the week between Christmas and New Years off. Typical holidays throughout the year. No President’s...”

  • Jul 09, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Senior Benefits Analyst in Little Falls, New Jersey

    The benefits package is rated at 75% of the market. They strive to cater to all employees, demographics, age etc. Its a very integral part of the total rewards package that makes this company one to attract, retain and motivate their employees.

  • Jun 28, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in South San Francisco, California

    extensive benefits package; lots of commuter options with company reimbursement

  • Jun 21, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in South San Francisco, California

    The best thing is the option to work from home on allocated days. They are also generous with their employee's sabbatical

  • Jun 16, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in South San Francisco, California

    18 vacation days a year

  • Jun 06, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in South San Francisco, California

    No big cons except that co-pays on the UHC plan are high.

  • Jun 19, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in South San Francisco, California

    Health insurance was ok, used to be much better, but got more expensive each year. The RSUs are great, but you don't get many if non-management role

  • May 29, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in South San Francisco, California

    Very limited help with housing solutions. Given the bay area housing issues, I think it's about time management start thinking about that seriously.

  • Jun 02, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in South San Francisco, California

    Excellent 401k program. Automatic free 4%, and they match up to 6%. Bonus is good and can be high based on how well the company does. Last year was excellent. Health premiums are very reasonable.

  • Jun 01, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in South San Francisco, California

    401k 4 % matching on employee contributions plus 6 % contribution wether you contribute or not. Total 10 % contribution.

  • May 11, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Senior Administrative Assistant in South San Francisco, California

    The benefits package is great, I have excellent insurance for me and my children. Medical, Dental, 401k plus stock.

Benefits Summary


List based on reports from current and former employees. It may not be complete.

Legend:
Checkmark Employer Verified  No Data

Insurance, Health & Wellness

Financial & Retirement

Family & Parenting

Vacation & Time Off

Perks & Discounts

Professional Support

Work at Genentech? Share Your Experiences

Genentech
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or