IBM Employee Benefit: 401K Plan | Glassdoor

IBM 401K Plan

Updated Jul 20, 2014

1715 employees reported this benefit

3.4
StarStarStarStarStar

Employer Summary

IBM offers a 401(k) Plus Plan.

This information about the 401K Plan benefit at IBM is the result of research by Glassdoor editorial staff, and was not provided directly by a representative of IBM. The description here may not reflect the current IBM 401K Plan benefit.


Available to US-based employees (Change location)

Employee Comments

Showing 1–10 of 631
  • Jul 17, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Sacramento, California

    1 to 1 up to 6% is great, and multiple options for assistance as well in the decision making process.

  • Jun 29, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStarEmployee

    You can select any combination of pre-tax (up to 80% gross income), roth contributions, after-tax contributions (up to 10% gross income). Unlimited in-service withdrawals for after-tax so mega backdoor roth is possible. Wide variety of investment options especially low-fee index funds. After 1 year of service, they give you 1% and match 5% for total of 6%. The match is paid once at the very end of the year and you have to be still employed as of Dec 15 to receive it.

  • Jun 22, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Managing Consultant in Houston, Texas

    6% match to my 401k contribution

  • Jun 04, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Southfield, Michigan

    great matching 5% which is above avg

  • Jun 04, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Technical Sales Engineer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

    Fidelity provides great 401k plan, and optional Management Services. Though dislike employee matching rules -- only pay accrued match the last paycheck of the year so the employee misses out on up to 12 months of dollar/cost averaging and gains, and risks losing the match entirely if not with IBM the last month of the year.

  • May 29, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Solutions Architect in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

    It was great until they stopped paying it until the end of every year and then only to employees still employed in December

  • May 10, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Minneapolis, Minnesota

    So-so for the 401k... they dropped the full pension so IBM could save more money and minimize the 401k contributions

  • May 07, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Austin, Texas

    Typical match nothing great. Stock has been going down for 5 years.

  • May 01, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Chicago, Illinois

    they don't match until 2 years

  • Apr 18, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Sales in Austin, Texas

    Employer Match is very good


Work at IBM? Share Your Experiences

IBM
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or