Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Employee Benefits and Perks | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Benefits

4.2
StarStarStarStarStar
63 Ratings

Employer Summary

The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) cares about its employees, and this is evident through the abundance of benefits—both tangible and intangible—available to each individual.


Employee Benefit Reviews

Showing 1–10 of 64 comments

Most Commented

  • Feb 22, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Postdoctoral Research Staff Member in Livermore, California

    401K is so good because there are no bonuses awarded. LLNL gives 3.5% of your salary irregardless of what you put in. Then they match up to 6% of what you put in. So if you put in 6%, they put in 9.5% for a total of 15.5% of your salary each year. You can choose Roth, pre-tax (taxed when take out, not put in), or post-tax (taxed now, can take out before retirement or big life event).

  • Jan 24, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Livermore, California

    Best: vested immediately - 6% match 100% plus additional 3.5% from employer. Every other Friday off. 15 days of vacation for first year.

  • Jan 04, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Livermore, California

    Lots of benefits! Generous PTO and 401K. Dental, vision, and most of medical is paid by LLNL. Options to add things like legal and life insurance, pre-tax transportation benefits, etc.

  • Jan 04, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Livermore, California

    Health Insurance through Kaiser was very affordable and good care. Vacation days accumulated separate from sick days. There was excellent paternity leave available through the employer and state.

  • Nov 17, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Nuclear Operations Engineer in Livermore, California

    Some benefits are through an employee association and can be expensive, such as childcare.

  • Oct 31, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Summer intern in Livermore, California

    great 401k even for interns

  • Dec 08, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Postdoctoral Scholar in Livermore, California

    No maternity leave for women, only from the state. Pay some amount for health insurance, which is OK but not great.

  • Oct 19, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Livermore, California

    LLNL is has a very good benefit package. The paid vacation and sick leave time is very much appreciated. The way contributing to our retirement is structured, is a financial strain on many of us.

  • Oct 19, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Livermore, California

    Competitive benefits with the Bay Area.

  • Oct 16, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Computer Scientist in Livermore, California

    8 hours of sick leave accumulates per month, no cap. 10 hours per month of vacation leave, to start. There is a cap on the accumulation, and you don't start accruing any additional time until you hit 10 years employment (reduced by part-time work, or any kind of leave, which is especially hard on women). 401k is very good. Many options to chose from, great matching (100% of 6% contribution, PLUS additional based on years of service). Dental is okay. We have Delta, but some of the limits are really low. On the upside, it's covered. Vision is pretty good. It's covered for the base policy, and there's a slightly better one available if you want it. Health coverage - EXPENSIVE. Even Kaiser is getting high. The options are good, they're just pricey (both co-pays and premiums), and the increases are pretty ridiculous.

Benefits Summary


List based on reports from current and former employees. It may not be complete.

Legend:
Checkmark Employer Verified  No Data

Insurance, Health & Wellness

Financial & Retirement

Family & Parenting

Vacation & Time Off

Perks & Discounts

Professional Support

Work at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory? Share Your Experiences

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or