Part of Danaher corporation with good retirement plan and competitive and comprehensive benefits options
It was on par with similar companies
After 1 year service, auto 2% contribution to 401k - no contribution required by associate. NICE! Company matches 100% up to 3% of salary then a 50% match up for addl 3%. Basically, after 1 year and a 5% personal contribution, the company will contribute an additional 6% providing a total of 11% salary cont. into 401k. Better than most.
Great Benefits with this organization! Health & Wellness benefits are very competitive - medical, dental, vision. 401K pretax and Roth 401K plans. Matches 100% on first 3% and 50% on the next 2% you contribute. And then their are the extras - Adoption assistance, auto and home insurance plans, various discounts for associates, identity theft plan, legal assistance plan , pet insurance, etc. Maternity and Paternity Leave, Paid time off. Very happy with benefits available.
The benefits were good when I worked at Leica Biosystems. has all your basic benefits. Would have been nice to have other perks.
Great 401K and Stock Purchasing program. Great medical benefits and employee perks.
Have to accrue vacation time. So 1st yr you work you have to build it up to get that 2 or 3 weeks. No pay for sick days Most departments are on MANDATORY OT so if you want to schedule a vacation day while working OT you lose big bucks!! No OT for you!! One benefit is they hand out free junk from Uline orders I.e. hats and gloves. Leica sure is last of the big spenders!! LOL
Very basic benefits. Other health care companies out there that offer much better benefits. Pay is ridiculously poor. For extra benefits they give you free garbage gifts that they got for free when ordering materials from Uline. CHEAP
Average to better benefits package. Health ins was a little expensive for the size of company. Overall, on par with most companies
Not too many healthcare options to choose from (Aetna in select states, while most employees are with United Healthcare). Vision is through VSP and offers up $125 credit towards new frames every-other-year. While there's a nice website for benefits enrollment, there's very little guidance given in the townhalls on the difference per plans. You do pay a lot for insurance here with very little options. New benefit options include pet insurance, identify theft monitoring, and legal services at a discount. As for working from home - that is purely at your manager's discretion and the work that you do. Some managers will note that their employees are working exceptionally long days, evenings, and weekends (for trade shows, special projects, or end of month) and encourage their people to take a day off. Others turn a blind eye and you feel guilted for even working from home. Paid sick time is minimal (i.e. 3 days or so) so you do see people who are coughing, ill, sneezing and in the office. Bring your Airborne! Company holiday schedules vary by site, for whatever reason. compared to most other US companies, Leica gives you the bare minimum so don't expect getting MLK, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, NYE off. Vacation time is stingy - 2 weeks to start for the first 5 yrs, per the new policy. Then 1 additional week for every 5 yrs of service. It seems like they do want turnover instead of making sensible policies that will attract, retain great associates.
List based on reports from current and former employees. It may not be complete.