MITRE Employee Benefit: Retirement Plan | Glassdoor

MITRE Retirement Plan

Updated Jul 16, 2014

92 employees reported this benefit

4.4
StarStarStarStarStar

Employer Summary

MITRE has a retirement plan for employees with pre-tax or after-tax contributions and company matching.

This information about the Retirement Plan benefit at MITRE is the result of research by Glassdoor editorial staff, and was not provided directly by a representative of MITRE. The description here may not reflect the current MITRE Retirement Plan benefit.


Available to US-based employees (Change location)

Employee Comments

Showing 1–10 of 12
  • Feb 23, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Adminstrative Assistant in Bedford, Massachusetts

    I was happy with the retirement plan. They help you decide what plan is best for you.

  • Jan 21, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Director in Bedford, Massachusetts

    Although not a 401K, the 403 plan is very generous with levels of MITRE match.

  • Dec 13, 2016
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Bedford, Massachusetts

    very good matching and very very complicated to understand

  • Sep 10, 2016
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Systems Engineer in McLean, Virginia

    Best, because of the 401A matching given to certain government institutions and non profits.

  • Jun 08, 2016
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer in McLean, Virginia

    Very generous matching program. If you contribute the full amount, you will build a very nice little nest egg!

  • Mar 22, 2016
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in McLean, Virginia

    Good match - used to be 12% now is only 10%

  • Jan 14, 2016
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Bedford, Massachusetts

    Company matches a lot of your savings.

  • Dec 22, 2015
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in McLean, Virginia

    They have a good matching plan for their 401k, but they have cut back some in the last few years. MITRE employees are also in a weird position because they often make less than their for-profit contractor and government counterparts -- meaning their salary is not as high to save into the 401k and their government counterparts often make more and have a pension. So, depending on your age and previous employment circumstance it makes more sense to not work at MITRE.

  • Aug 26, 2015
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Network Engineer in Bedford, Massachusetts

    2% investment earns 7.5% additional from the company, totaling 9.5% yearly.

  • Aug 18, 2015
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Lead Engineer in McLean, Virginia

    good matching policy, so invest


Work at MITRE? Share Your Experiences

MITRE
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or