Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Benefits

4.5
50 Ratings

Employee Benefit Reviews

Showing 1–10 of 50 comments

Most Commented

  • Health Insurance(5 comments)

    Great plans available that provide full coverage for what many consider extras like acupuncture and chiropractic services

  • Maternity & Paternity Leave(3 comments)

    Top of market maternity leave plus additional unpaid leave upon request and depending on needs of the group; paternity leave for attorneys is four weeks.

  • 401K Plan(3 comments)

    Company matching and great investment options. Was very happy with it.

Oct 22, 2020
Former Employee

Skadden offers great Benefits from 401k, medical, and generous vacation.

Sep 11, 2020
Current Employee

Amazing benefits and 401k plan

Aug 22, 2020
Current Attorney in Chicago, Illinois

Very comprehensive benefits package. Great health insurance, dental, and vision. Easy to use and navigate options. HR does a really nice job of explaining everything to you.

Apr 13, 2020
Current Legal Secretary in Chicago, Illinois

Firm offers monthly Choice Dollars based on years with firm and salary to put toward insurance plan payments.

Mar 24, 2020
Former Associate in New York, New York State

401k, benefits, lots of good perks, maternity and paternity leave, discounts, vacation time is okay if you meet your billable hour requirements.

Nov 15, 2019
Current Employee

Great benefits and leave, but best parts start after one full year: 23 days scheduled plus 6 unscheduled PTO after first full year. 4% firm salary contribution (not match) to 401K after first full year (so none the first year besides employee contribution) and then additional 4% after the 2nd full year (so total 8%).

Oct 18, 2019
Current Employee

One of the best benefits I’ve seen in terms of vacation/paid time off. Healthcare is a little expensive but I’m not educated on what most companies out there offer. Non exempt employees receive overtime after 35 hours which is a huge plus.

Jul 12, 2019
Former Associate in New York, New York State

Having worked at other law firms since leaving Skadden, I can say the firm's benefits package was a fairly good one. My costs increased at other firms and the benefits weren't nearly as good.

May 30, 2019
Current Employee

Great benefits and HR Staff.

Jan 14, 2019
Current Employee

Generous time off policy. 401K matching if you stay long enough. Gym discounts. Discounts on technology and various retailers. Gym in the building is only for attorneys though, not support staff.

Viewing 1-10 of 50

Benefits Summary

List based on reports from current and former employees. It may not be complete.

Legend:Employer VerifiedNo Data

Insurance, Health & Wellness

  • Health Insurance (41)
  • Dental Insurance
  • Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
  • Vision Insurance
  • Health Savings Account (HSA)
  • Life Insurance
  • Supplemental Life Insurance
  • Disability Insurance
  • Occupational Accident Insurance
  • Health Care On-Site
  • Mental Health Care
  • Retiree Health & Medical
  • Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance

Financial & Retirement

  • Pension Plan
  • 401K Plan (40)
  • Retirement Plan
  • Employee Stock Purchase Plan
  • Performance Bonus
  • Stock Options
  • Equity Incentive Plan
  • Supplemental Workers' Compensation
  • Charitable Gift Matching

Family & Parenting

  • Maternity & Paternity Leave (39)
  • Work From Home
  • Fertility Assistance
  • Dependent Care
  • Adoption Assistance
  • Childcare
  • Reduced or Flexible Hours
  • Military Leave
  • Family Medical Leave
  • Unpaid Extended Leave

Vacation & Time Off

Perks & Discounts

  • Employee Discount
  • Free Lunch or Snacks
  • Employee Assistance Program
  • Gym Membership
  • Commuter Checks & Assistance
  • Pet Friendly Workplace
  • Mobile Phone Discount
  • Company Car
  • Company Social Events
  • Travel Concierge
  • Legal Assistance

Professional Support

  • Diversity Program
  • Job Training
  • Professional Development
  • Apprenticeship Program
  • Tuition Assistance

Work at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom? Share Your Experiences

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

Click to Rate
or
Add SalaryAdd BenefitsAdd Interview