Sterling Jewelers Employee Benefits and Perks | Glassdoor

Employee Benefit Reviews

Showing 11–20 of 76 comments

Most Commented

  • Jun 14, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current General Manager in Bristol, Virginia

    Great health insurance, dental, vision For full time off. Paid time off, paid vacation , 401k

  • Jul 15, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Dallas, Texas

    Benefits are expensive, high deductible, system difficult to navigate. Work schedule changes often. Company overall does not look out for employees.

  • May 25, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Jeweler in West Des Moines, Iowa

    Good options for benefits, low pay which causes a very high turnover of employees. Medical benefits sound better than they are, sick leave is now deducted from vacation,

  • Apr 09, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Apprentice Jeweler in New York, New York State

    The benefits are ok. Not the best, not the worst. For healthcare, you pay part of the cost out of every paycheck. After that, you have to meet the deductible in your plan as well, (Can be as high as 6k+ depending on what plan is selected). After you meet the deductible the plan pays 75% and you pay the remaining 25%. The wages they pay aren't the best, so if you get sick and require a lot of care, it will become a hardship paying towards the deductible and remaining 25%. They have other benefits such as stock plan, 401k, but if you are one of the workers in the trenches making $12.00 an hour, you can't really afford to take advantage of the benefits. There is an employee discount on jewelry. That's the best thing about this company. The discount is incredible!

  • Apr 07, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Jewelry Consultant in Waterbury, Connecticut

    You automatically get 120 hours of PTO, unlike other corporations which will give you none or the very bottom state minimum. Not allowed to take more than 1 week at a time, and not allowed to take off during busy season or an event

  • Feb 27, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Fine Jewelry Specialist in Webster, Texas

    The benefits package cost is very good

  • Feb 26, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current entry level in Brea, California

    employee get almost nothing,, but at management level things become good,

  • Feb 22, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Merchandise Representative in Akron, Ohio

    I can't say that benefits package had anything wrong with it. There was plenty of PTO, paid vacation, and the insurances were great too. I honestly have nothing bad to say.

  • Jan 29, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Columbus, Georgia

    ok benefit for full-time, obviously none for part-time. everyone gets store discount. it's very generous

  • Jan 22, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Eugene, Oregon

    2 weeks vacation per year and 401k matching for managers. Also a generous employee discount.

Work at Sterling Jewelers? Share Your Experiences

Sterling Jewelers
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or