The Hartford Employee Benefit: 401K Plan | Glassdoor

The Hartford 401K Plan

Updated Sep 14, 2017

224 employees reported this benefit

4.2
StarStarStarStarStar
This benefit does not have a summary yet. Work here in HR?   Add a summary

Employer Verified
Available to US-based employees (Change location)

Employee Comments

Showing 1–10 of 65
  • Apr 08, 2020
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Investment Analyst in Hartford, Connecticut

    Very good employee match program.

  • Apr 01, 2020
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Director in Hartford, Connecticut

    Good choices for investments and great match from the company. There is no longer a pension plan, but the company made up for that with a bigger 401k match.

  • Feb 02, 2020
    StarStarStarStarStarEmployee

    If you max at 6% they match and give automatic 2% for a total of 8% of your salary gifted to you for your future! That’s a total of 14% of your salary in retirement savings each year!!! Most companies don’t even match a full dollar for dollar up to 3% and they cap at a low annual max. Not The Hartford!

  • Nov 30, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Lake Mary, Florida

    Average 401K with company match-handled by Fidelity

  • Nov 06, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Director in Hartford, Connecticut

    Good offering of stock options. Company matches 6%.

  • Sep 22, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Claims Technician in Rancho Cordova, California

    Nothing best or worst to add

  • Aug 01, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Clinton, New York State

    They match contributions to a certain degree

  • Feb 15, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Hartford, Connecticut

    Very good. Automatic 2% on top of 0% to full contribution.

  • Jan 09, 2019
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Leadership Development Program Associate in Hartford, Connecticut

    -Match up to 6%, and do an additional 2% automatic. If you set your deduction at 6% you end up with 14% per paycheck, adds up quickly. Vests after 3 years with the company, which starts when you first start at the company, even if it's an internship.

  • Dec 11, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Claims Adjuster in Dallas, Texas

    They have good contribition to the plan.


Work at The Hartford? Share Your Experiences

The Hartford
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or