US Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits
- South Africa
- All Employees
- Part Time
- Full Time
VA strives to offer our employees a better quality of life, both on the job and off, in return for their dedication to providing Veterans with exceptional patient care. We do so through competitive salaries, a robust federal benefits package that begins on your first day of employment, flexible schedules, and one of the most comprehensive education support programs in the nation.
A VA career comes with many rewarding benefits.
- Start your career with a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes comprehensive health insurance and retirement plans.
- Advance your career with mentoring programs, workforce and leadership development programs, tuition assistance, scholarships and education loan repayment programs.
- Create work-life balance with telework opportunities, flexible work schedules and plenty of time off — which could include as much as 36 to 49 days of paid time off per year.
- Save for retirement with a 401(k)-type plan with matching contributions of up to 5%, in addition to a pension and Social Security.
Throughout your career, stay motivated and inspired by VA’s mission of serving those who have served and improving the lives of our nation’s heroes.
Which benefits does US Department of Veterans Affairs provide?
Current and former employees report that US Department of Veterans Affairs provides the following benefits. It may not be complete.
Insurance, Health & Wellness
Employee Benefit Reviews
Showing 1–10 of 1399 comments
- Health Insurance(420 comments)
“26 days of vacation time plus federal holidays ”
- Vacation & Paid Time Off(228 comments)
“A ton of vacation and sick days”
- Retirement Plan(138 comments)
“They have pension along with 401k type plan”
Health insurance could be a bit cheaper
Tsp is a good 401
All of them are great.
Great health insurance, lots of vacation time
Benefits are great for a secure future.
Benefits like pay, insurance, and retirement are excellent
Very slow pace, a lot of red tape
Still offers a pension plus 401K.
Benefits are great. PTO is great. Paid holidays are great. Health, Vision and Dental are all great. Retirement and pay are a bit lacking.
The main perk is your wage is tax-free. So, even though you get paid according to the state minimum wage, it is tax-free as long as you are a full time student, military connected, and using one of the chapters.