US Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits
- All Employees
- Part Time
- Full Time
VA strives to offer our employees a better quality of life, both on the job and off, in return for their dedication to providing Veterans with exceptional patient care. We do so through competitive salaries, a robust federal benefits package that begins on your first day of employment, flexible schedules, and one of the most comprehensive education support programs in the nation.
A VA career comes with many rewarding benefits.
- Start your career with a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes comprehensive health insurance and retirement plans.
- Advance your career with mentoring programs, workforce and leadership development programs, tuition assistance, scholarships and education loan repayment programs.
- Create work-life balance with telework opportunities, flexible work schedules and plenty of time off — which could include as much as 36 to 49 days of paid time off per year.
- Save for retirement with a 401(k)-type plan with matching contributions of up to 5%, in addition to a pension and Social Security.
Throughout your career, stay motivated and inspired by VA’s mission of serving those who have served and improving the lives of our nation’s heroes.
Which benefits does US Department of Veterans Affairs provide?
Current and former employees report that US Department of Veterans Affairs provides the following benefits. It may not be complete.
Insurance, Health & Wellness
Employee Benefit Reviews
Showing 1–10 of 1269 comments
- Health Insurance(387 comments)
“Affordable but the plans are confusing.”
- Vacation & Paid Time Off(213 comments)
“They offer annual leave and sick leave.”
- Retirement Plan(129 comments)
“Tsp is easy to navigate”
The best thing is the quality of Insurance you will have regarding your life insurance all the way to your Retirement 401k
Great health care coverage; limited wellness benefits.
Accrued annual leave and sick leave is nice.
Matching funds are great. HR is terrible about informing you of all of your benefits.
Good amount of vacation and sick time.
The benefits are really good.
Great coverage and options for insurance
Tsp is easy to use and save.
Good colleagues, very stable workplace
The benefits are archaic and fairly standard. You won't find any perks.