United Airlines Employee Benefits and Perks | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

United Airlines Benefits

3.9
StarStarStarStarStar
356 Ratings

Employer Summary

Employer Benefits Image

We invite you to explore career opportunities with the world’s leading airline. Take a moment to review some of United’s portfolio of benefits and travel privileges. Depending on their position, department and length of service, United employees have access to a a variety of benefits and travel privileges.


Employee Benefit Reviews

Showing 1–10 of 356 comments

Most Commented

  • 401K Plan  (111 comments)

    “Industry standard. Charles Schwaab is much better than the previous company.”

  • Employee Discount  (88 comments)

    “Free and discounted flights, companion travel, up to 75% off on hotels, 20% off on rental cars, and then there are cell phone, car, and about...”

  • Health Insurance  (63 comments)

    “I would probably be dead or destitute without the great benefits of UA. Amazing.”

  • Feb 08, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Flight Attendant in Houston, Texas

    401k 3% match, and they give 3% for free. Total is a free 6%. Flight benefits are the best in the industry. Free standby pass travel for yourself, parents and children (up to 26yo) and one other designated person a year. In addition, you get 24 one-way buddy passes for your friends. You also get access to standby on other carriers for yourself. Medical, dental and vision insurance are all pretty great and they offer a ton of options for your specific situation. United has a scholarship program for their employees and also an employee assistance program for employees who fall on hard times like natural disasters or medical emergencies. They really take care of you here.

  • Feb 15, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Houston, Texas

    Although the costs of the benefits package have increased slightly over the years and the options have become more limited, United still has some of the best benefits in the airline industry. I can personally attest that the benefits package have made my quality of life much better. The major complaint I have is the workmen's compensation system and bidding for time off based on seniority.

  • Feb 05, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Global Services Representative in Newark, New Jersey

    Flight benefits have defined my life.

  • Jan 27, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, California

    Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, travel perks and buddy pass program, vacation time, 401K, are all great.

  • Jan 25, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Denver, Colorado

    They offer good health insurance options as well as other perks like highly discounted flights.

  • Jan 23, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Costumer Service Representative in San Francisco, California

    Benefits are awesome , we get 401k with company match , health, vision , dental as well, profit sharing , on time bonuses , profit sharing and travel benefits as well .

  • Jan 15, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Employee in Newark, New Jersey

    The best part of the benefits is the flight privileges

  • Jan 13, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Flight Attendant in Newark, New Jersey

    You can fly for free, your parents can fly for free, and you have the option to have 2 other people signed up to fly for free as well.

  • Feb 01, 2018
    StarStarStarStarStar Former Front Desk Agent in Seattle, Washington State

    High out of pocket.

  • Dec 25, 2017
    StarStarStarStarStar Current Employee in Chicago, Illinois

    I save on average $300/month in prescription costs alone with their health insurance as opposed to my previous employer. The travel benefit alone is something you can't put a price tag on.

Benefits Summary


List based on reports from current and former employees. It may not be complete.

Legend:
Checkmark Employer Verified  No Data

Insurance, Health & Wellness

Financial & Retirement

Family & Parenting

Vacation & Time Off

Perks & Discounts

Professional Support

Work at United Airlines? Share Your Experiences

United Airlines
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or