Western Governors University Employee Benefits and Perks | Glassdoor

Western Governors University Benefits

4.0
Star Star Star Star Star
65 Ratings

Employee Benefit Reviews

Showing 1–10 of 65 comments

Most Commented

  • Apr 07, 2017
    Star Star Star Star Star Current Employee in Salt Lake City, Utah

    Fantastic benefits both individual and family, matching 401k. Employee health focused.

  • Apr 02, 2017
    Star Star Star Star Star Current Employee in Salt Lake City, Utah

    Tuition discount 75%. 403-B, PTO & reasonably priced insurance.

  • Mar 30, 2017
    Star Star Star Star Star Current Employee in Salt Lake City, Utah

    Retirement contribution is 3% automatic and 3% match. Total of 6%. That's pretty good for a private corporation, but light for a university.

  • Mar 22, 2017
    Star Star Star Star Star Current Employee in Salt Lake City, Utah

    Generous pto but the nature of the job makes it difficult to take time off (at least I feel so, I have a hard time getting back in touch with students if I'm out of the office). Huge discount on tuition for employees and family

  • Mar 14, 2017
    Star Star Star Star Star Former Senior Systems Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah

    Had an ok benefits package, but they slashed coverage. I had 3 different insurances in 1 year, slowly descending into garbage.

  • Feb 22, 2017
    Star Star Star Star Star Current Employee in Salt Lake City, Utah

    We recently changed benefits to Cigna Healthcare - an organization that is more costly and provides less to the employees. This is a difficult switch - one that was required of us all.

  • Feb 07, 2017
    Star Star Star Star Star Current Employee in Murray, Utah

    They are so many packages here at WGU it's insane. I think they're wonderful in all the packages, they automatically give you life insurance and will match 3% of your own contributions. PTO accumulates rather quickly and standard holidays you usually will get off.

  • Feb 03, 2017
    Star Star Star Star Star Current Program Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah

    Benefits are average but working from home is fabulous. Travel twice a year.

  • Jan 29, 2017
    Star Star Star Star Star Current Enrollment Counselor in Salt Lake City, Utah

    it was very inexpensive but contained generous benefits.

  • Feb 03, 2017
    Star Star Star Star Star Current Employee in Salt Lake City, Utah

    Insurance used to be wonderful and now has changed since going to Cigna. Higher copay, no upfront lab benefits, etc. are now replacing the great insurance we had through BCBS.

Benefits Summary


List based on reports from current and former employees. It may not be complete.

Legend:
Checkmark Employer Verified  No Data

Insurance, Health & Wellness

Financial & Retirement

Family & Parenting

Vacation & Time Off

Perks & Discounts

  • Employee Discount
  • Free Lunch or Snacks
  • Employee Assistance Program
  • Gym Membership
  • Commuter Checks & Assistance
  • Pet Friendly Workplace
  • Mobile Phone Discount
  • Company Car
  • Checkmark Company Social Events (9)
  • Travel Concierge
  • Legal Assistance

Professional Support

Work at Western Governors University? Share Your Experiences

Western Governors University
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or