What does a Senior Account Coordinator do?
Account coordinators help account managers by handling customer service matters and assisting with marketing and advertising campaign execution. They prepare, file, and retrieve sales-related documents, including contracts or agreements, and design and renew sales proposals. They update internal databases with proper account information and coordinate meetings, calls, and demonstrations for account management teams.
Account coordinators research prospective clients and work together with internal teams to ensure proper pre- and post-sales service occurs. They communicate customer feedback to marketing, sales, and product development teams and create detailed campaign results reports. They perform market and competitive research and create promotional materials including presentations or videos. Account coordinators need proven experience in the field and a bachelor's in administration, business administration, marketing, or related fields.
- Issue and distribute new and renewal evidences of property to clients.
- Research, review and provide solutions to customers and sales representatives' issues.
- Coordinate the products, services, and marketing requirements of each assigned client.
- Quickly identify and resolve more complex client service issues.
- Serve as client advocate and a backup point of contact for assigned accounts.
- Provide day to day customer service to commercial customers.
- Prepare account summaries accurately and within required timeframes.
- Support account lead with the creation of smart proposals for repeat clients.
- Assist account lead in managing internal process, meetings, timelines and approvals.
- Process and mail all renewal packets for team per agency timeline.
- Input various type of client data into management system.
- Assist less experienced liaisons in their training and development.
- Assist the account services team with evaluation of program performance measures and effectiveness.
- Work effectively with cross functional team to execute against client campaigns.
- Have a deep understanding of client's stories and provide proactive recommendations and updates to teams about industry news and client objectives.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships and demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and legislation, and ensure that all risks within areas of responsibility are identified and managed effectively.
- Ensure client retention goals are met by responding promptly to requests from clients, prospects and members of the production and account management staff.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in business, business administration, marketing, exercise science or information technology, or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in a consulting position.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving skills alongside time management and critical thinking capabilities.
- Work with a positive attitude and leadership when prioritizing tasks and practices.
- Demonstrated confidence throughout the day and a collaborative attitude and spirit.
- Comfortable with onboarding and renewal of clients.
- Can assist with expense reporting and other accounting related needs such as invoicing.
How much does a Senior Account Coordinator make?
Senior Account Coordinator Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Account Coordinator, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Senior Account Coordinator Insights
“My second manager was really nice and I actually wanted to do my job well.”
“Lobeline is a great place to start your career and learn what you don't know.”
“Everyone is truly such a pleasure to work with and makes me feel confident in my work.”
“As a "newbie" to this workforce I was given many opportunities to learn and grow.”
“It was my first real job out of college and the experience was absolutely disheartening and traumatizing.”
“was a great job that had a lot of potential to make a career out of”
“This was a great place to work a few years ago but with the new CEO things became really ‘corporatized’.”
“There was definitely a great opportunity to go into media sales starting as a sales account associate at WBAL.”
Senior Account Coordinator Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Account Coordinator
When working as a Senior Account Coordinator, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Microsoft EXCEL, WORKING Relationships, Written Communication, Microsoft Word, and Vlookup.
- Sales Coordinator
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Account Executive
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Account Coordinator include a minimum of a Associate's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.