What does a Senior Implementation Specialist do?
Implementation specialists use their technical knowledge to install, monitor, and customize clients’ systems after an initial purchase of hardware or software. They ensure a client doesn't only buy a product but has a positive experience with it. To ensure this happens, they talk with clients, collect data, customize features, define objectives, and provide relevant training sessions. Implementation specialists act as the primary point of contact for a client and initiate implementation processes as quickly as possible.
Implementation specialists talk with clients to get a detailed picture of what they want, need, and desire and must ensure they identify each client’s unique priorities. Implementation specialists customize the client system to suit their individual needs, which typically involves importing pre-existing client data, designing custom interfaces, modifying metrics, and creating customized reports. Implementation specialists also demonstrate the system and its features. When a client is satisfied, they move forward by teaching them how to use their new system. Implementation specialists need a bachelor's degree in computer science or related fields.
- Maintain project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Work and counsel with client on system and service configuration efforts, product adaptation and business best practice solutions.
- Provide both large group and individualized training and coaching in support of basic and advanced skills.
- Organize and lead training activities, ongoing site coordination, facilitate conference calls and meetings, data collection, and report writing.
- Oversee formal hand-off of system and operational services to other departments/clients.
- Proactively gather information to understand customer needs, and appropriately set expectations with the customer.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends and how they impact clients.
- Create a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of the team members.
- Perform analysis, set-up, testing and validation for various projects while ensuring steller service while minimizing financial exposure.
- Effectively communicate with all business partners ensuring appropriate and timely updates to any potentially impacted group or individual.
- Review and verify documentation for compliance and operational accuracy, audit plan design for inefficiencies.
- Build and maintain client relationships throughout consulting engagements and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, computer science, software engineering or information management systems or equivalent experience.
- Experience with BIM, MEP, P6, and Swpp software and systems.
- Fluency in OSHA rules and protocols.
- Comfortable with budget planning, cost estimates, and project build outs.
- Able to process change orders.
- A leader and problem solver with demonstrated time management strength.
- Sound attention to detail and work ethic.
- Prior experience as a consultant.
- Able to collaborate with colleagues and clients.
How much does a Senior Implementation Specialist make?
Senior Implementation Specialist Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Implementation Specialist, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Senior Implementation Specialist Insights
“Communication has been excellent and I have received great onboarding information in a timely manner.”
“It COULD offer you a great work life balance (see cons and comments for reasons on my phrasing)”
“TXOC worked with my schedule and it was great working with educators to further higher education.”
“My training was cut short and I was forced to finish training on my own.”
“The best benefit package that I have ever seen in the insurance industry and I have worked at 5 carriers.”
“Makes working with the team really easy and enjoyable because you know you're not alone.”
“Company provides best training for Fresher.Company provides the certifications with training which is very helpful in our career.”
“The Implementation Specialist role is a great role to start your career out at ADP and a launching pad for so many other opportunities here.”
Senior Implementation Specialist Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Implementation Specialist
When working as a Senior Implementation Specialist, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are MS Office Applications, SaaS Software, Excellent Communication, Meet Deadlines, and Critical Thinking.
- Payroll Specialist
- Payroll Manager
- Payroll Analyst
- HRis Analyst
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Implementation Specialist include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.