What does a Principal Senior HR Consultant do?
Human resources consultants ensure that human capital serves the best interest at a company or organization and are called upon to advise companies on issues that involve the inner-workings at a workforce. They advise management on administering human resources policies and procedures and take responsibility for the successful, timely completion of human resource related projects and initiatives. They conduct research, track and analyze metrics, and suggest their insight to improve decision-making.
Human resources consultants advise personnel about recurring issues and problems and assist their team in recruitment, training, and employee management. They create and design plans to apply new techniques for driving changes in a company's HR processes and develop, revise, and implement HR policies and procedures. They suggest and manage implementation of suitable technology for business advancement and remain up-to-date with the latest trends and progress in the human resources field. Human resources consultants need a master's degree in human resources or a similar related field and hands-on experience with human resources software programs.
- Recommend appropriate management action in response to performance and EEO/employee relations' issues.
- When necessary, conduct and oversee employee relations investigations and consult with senior managers on how to address employee behaviors and concerns.
- Provide training and mentoring function to individual consultants as assigned.
- Develop and maintain essential relationships by acting as the primary point of contact and key business partner for transitioning prospects.
- Support other functions of the team such as reporting, data migration, service, etc. if applicable.
- Provide performance management support and coaching to managers with the intended goal of growing managers' expertise in this area.
- Complete time reporting for payroll.
- Investigate and prepare strategy and responses to third-party EEOC, OFCCP, and other governmental charges and requests as well as threatened litigation.
- Contribute to expanding workforce diversity and build inclusive leadership practices with clients.
- Work with unit managers to create and evaluate job descriptions, position announcements and position data entry.
- Provide superior customer service to prospects by handling incoming inquiries on the department phone line regarding completion of the online registration package.
- Identify efficiencies in existing processes and procedures in order to foster continuous improvement both individually and at the team level.
- Develop systems for prioritizing strategic projects and regular maintenance and executes strategy.
- Ensure that project support processes follow the defined prioritization and governance structure.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience as a consultant.
- Experience with HRBP, ReACT, SQL, Cloud, Oracle HCM, and PHR software and systems.
- A natural leader and problem solver with demonstrated critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Fluency in processes including payrolls, frameworks, business process analysis, onboarding, terminating, and requirements gathering.
- Experience with Workday HCM.
How much does a Principal Senior HR Consultant make?
Principal Senior HR Consultant Career Path
Learn how to become a Principal Senior HR Consultant, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Principal Senior HR Consultant Insights
“Overall a great place to start your career in a HR field and explore more opportunities.”
“centered if you love your clients and would like to serve them this is the best place to work in.”
“Compulsory training ensures that every section of our role is done to a high standard.”
“No career path was designed so there has never been a promotion for this account.”
“I closely work with Ekta and Ankita and they both are amazing and do provide me space and freedom to get my work done.”
“The work culture is great and I look forward to giving my best here and growing as an individual as much as possible.”
“Quite good and best worklife balance”
“Can’t really think of any at the moment however the pay could be a little better especially depending on the location one lives in.”
Principal Senior HR Consultant Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Principal Senior HR Consultant
- HR Manager
- HR Generalist
- HR Business Partner
- HR Specialist