What does an Account Representative IV do?
Account representatives find, create, and maintain customer accounts and serve as the primary point of contact between clients and organizations. They communicate regularly with clients and address their concerns, keeping track of transactions and payments. Account representatives collaborate with several departments to manage client accounts, and they must multitask between several roles.
Account representatives stay up-to-date with current and prospective company accounts, monitor client communication, respond to calls or emails, create company invoices, and record all client transactions. They maintain records for client accounts and audit them regularly and collaborate with various departments to better serve client needs, including accounting and marketing. They search for, pitch, and attain new client accounts and sell additional products and services to existing clients. Account representatives need a bachelor's degree in marketing, sales, business, or related fields.
- Develop positive relationships with marketers, other departments and clients.
- Complete annual mandatory training (SITEL) within defined time frame.
- This position may conduct open enrollment meetings, as needed.
- Educate customers on products to optimize effective usage by providing technical and clinical information and in-service trainings.
- Respond daily to requests by email and voicemail from customers, practitioners and partners.
- Assist with on-the-job training of other Account Service and Sales associates as requested.
- Assist in the maintenance of files, records, and operating manuals.
- When applicable, identify and communicate cross-sell and upsell opportunities to sales.
- Formulate solutions based on dialogue and input gained during session.
- Prioritize and appropriately respond to requests in a high-stress environment.
- Identify and escalate vendor performance issues to business areas and management.
- Assist with difficult issues that may surface within a day.
- Work cross functionally with the relevant internal teams to ensure customer needs are being met.
- Set up and process third party billing and payments.
- Maintain, verify and update information in agency management system.
- Learn and coordinate opening, logging and scanning of account-related paperwork, including returned mail.
- Ensure departmental compliance with various regulations and protocols.
- Proactively maintain communication channels with prospects via email, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, business administration, computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning and expense control.
- A quick learner with a positive attitude and demonstrated business acumen.
- Comfortable negotiating and making decisions.
- Can face obstacles with a positive attitude and an eye for problem solving.
- A critical thinker with a sound work ethic.
- Good at time management and collaborating.
How much does an Account Representative IV make?
Account Representative IV Career Path
Learn how to become an Account Representative IV, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Account Representative IV Insights
“I have built relationships with highly professional and respectable individuals who have helped foster my own professional and personal growth.”
“I have always enjoyed working with people and the teamwork here at theITSupportCenter is really strong.”
“Epsilon provides great training and resources to teach you everything you need to know about the industry.”
“your success can be heavily dependent on how well your team functions; grateful I had a good team”
“But yes ! at the end of the month or two you will be a good house helper.”
“Really good people on all the teams I have worked with for the past two years.”
“I value working in an environment where there is an opportunity to grow based on my merit.”
“Employee benefits are considered good as a BPO company as budgets are often restricted based on projects.”
Account Representative IV Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an Account Representative IV
- Sales Representative
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Account Executive