What does an Ad Operations Specialist do?
Ad operations specialists are responsible for planning and managing advertising campaigns. They oversee detailed elements of the project, including tracking metrics, identifying any issues that may be negatively impacting performance, and making adjustments. These roles often involve a focus on one or more specialized areas of advertising, such as video or display ads. The operations specialist often must have a diverse skill set that allows them to handle multiple functions including technical tasks, project management, and budgeting.
Ad operations specialists typically have at least a bachelor’s degree, although a master’s degree or graduate-level certificate in a business area would be a plus. They must be comfortable in a digital and technical environment, and expertise with in-demand specialty areas such as social media or video platforms is helpful.
- Coordinate campaign messaging, talking points and strategy with staff.
- Manage organic and local search engine optimization (SEO).
- Work with creative team and/or consultants to develop graphics, video, and other content for campaign channels.
- Lead and make recommendations for conversion rate optimization of landing pages.
- Provide comprehensive reporting and analytics throughout campaign lifetime to ensure campaign pacing and performance.
- Manage timely status updates with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Work closely with appropriate parties to setup digital campaigns daily.
- Develop and try new ideas to reach, influence and inspire consumers to interact with the ministry.
- Manage multiple advertiser and agency accounts, develop positive working relationships with the media buyers and operations teams at our clients and partners.
- Arrange for and prepare community leaders to host community meetings and events.
- Manage relationships with outsourcing vendors to maximize resource allocation.
- Develop and coordinate a variety of projects in support of system marketing and communication plans.
- Work with product and tech teams to enhance ad serving solutions, revenue products and QA/Troubleshooting methodology.
- Maintain short-term and long-term visions and strategies for website enhancements.
- Collaborate with service line leaders, marketing, and other content managers to create engage experiences for prospective and current patients.
- Regularly evaluate competitors' and others' sites to ensure system's site is current, informational, creative and best meets customer needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, business administration or computer science.
- Proficient with applicable software and systems.
- Strong leadership, time management, and critical thinking skills.
- Advanced understanding of statistics.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
How much does an Ad Operations Specialist make near United States?
Ad Operations Specialist Career Path
Learn how to become an Ad Operations Specialist, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Ad Operations Specialist Insights
“The team that you work with day to day is great and you get very close with them.”
“My time at Basis was stressful and very disappointing and I started to hate logging on to work from my own home.”
“If you go for an interview the onboarding is amazing and the training is one of the best.”
“This startup is scaling quickly and I imagine that there will be many career growth opportunities for employees.”
“Not a good organisation to work for the didn’t give any chance to employee.”
“Teleperformance is a great place to build your career with a lot of job security.”
“Monthly extra day off Probably the company with the best culture I have been with.”
“I say this as a pro and a con: The Digital and Design Industry is constantly changing and high turnover is typical.”
Ad Operations Specialist Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an Ad Operations Specialist
- Campaign Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- SEO Analyst
- Marketing Manager