What does an Advertising Manager do?
Advertising managers help coordinate advertising departments to research and create effective advertising and outreach campaigns. This role requires the development of strategic campaigns to help drive sales and increase brand awareness and interest. Advertising managers take on a key leadership role in forming the way potential clients and customers view a brand and may need to reach out to other sources and outlets through guest postings, social media, and press releases.
Advertising managers must have a Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communication, or other related industries. A Masters degree business administration (MBA) may be preferable for senior-level positions. Advertising managers need to be creative and possess strong communication and research skills.
- Perform industry research to identify trends and industry needs and interests
- Review and respond to current sales trends
- Utilize existing data and insights to inform potential
- Work with advertising department to plan and implement new marketing campaigns
- Requisition needed human resources to properly implement marketing strategies
- Interview and hire advertising staff as needed
- Contact advertising agencies to negotiate contracts
- Collaborate with different departments to develop marketing campaigns suited to different business needs
- Masters degree in business administration (MBA), marketing, advertising, or a related field may be preferred
- Previous experience managing marketing campaigns at a local or national level
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, advertising or a related industry
- Proven and effective communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion
- Working knowledge of industry-related data analysis tools, such as Microsoft PowerBI and Tableau
- Proven and effective market research skills
- Ability to effectively create and deliver new campaign ideas in a team setting
- Strong organizational skills and the experience to multitask and work on several projects at once
- Extremely self-motivated with the ability to work independently when needed
How much does an Advertising Manager make?
Advertising Manager Career Path
Learn how to become an Advertising Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Advertising Manager Insights
“The people are great and I have more resources in this role than I have ever had in my career.”
“People are nice and friendly.”
“There is a lot of upward mobility and you get a chance to advance really fast here.”
“Good good good good good”
“I'm so glad we can take advantage of the personal training services we offer because I'm in the best shape and health of my life”
“Wallaroo Media gives you the ability to jump start your career at the lowest possible rung.”
“This is really a great organization and I highly recommend working here.”
“Great opportunities to learn and grow within.”
Advertising Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an Advertising Manager
- Market Researcher
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Market Analyst
- Marketing Manager