What does an Android Developers do?
Mobile engineers design, develop, and implement software programs for smartphones and other mobile devices. They often specialize in a certain type of operating system, such as Android or iOS. They use data-driven insights to guide development of programs and apps that fill a user need. They create specifications and detailed plans, write code, oversee testing and debugging, and play an active role in the rollout and launch. They commonly work in close collaboration with other engineers, designers, R&D, analysts, and other teams and stakeholders.
Mobile engineers typically have at least a bachelor’s degree in an engineering or computer science field. They generally have a background in engineering or computer programming. Proficiency with common programming languages is required, and experience with automated testing tools on a mobile platform is helpful.
- Elevate code into the development, test, and production environments on schedule.
- Participate in code reviews and weekly iOS team remote meetups.
- Technical mentorship of junior developers and cross functional supporting roles.
- Perform regular performance evaluations and share and seek feedback.
- Manage the design and architecture of modules in the overall product.
- Direct internal and external resources in software development to deliver assigned modules.
- Assist with troubleshooting production problems, root cause analysis, and debugging.
- Work closely with the product, design and engineering teams.
- Actively engage in development activities associated with develop new solutions and refining current solutions.
- Provide general technical support and training to fellow colleagues and clients.
- Perform detailed technical design and implementation of complex iOS applications.
- Collaborate and meet with the team to review status, identify potential blockers.
- Communicate frequently with clients including project plans and scope.
- Willingness to mentor and advise other team members
- Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Lead requirements gather meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Stay up to date with new Growth and Personalization tools.
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution.
- Assume a lead role on an agile team responsible for iOS solutions.
- Maintain constant communication within IT and other business units.
- Contribute to build top quality engineering teams and technology practices.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or engineering.
- Experience with applicable software and programs including C, UI Design, JAVA, and ReAct.
- Experience with Android Software Development and Android Studio.
- Fluency in interfacing and unit testing.
- A natural problem solver and critical thinker.
- Is comfortable debugging and working with object oriented programming.
How much does an Android Developers make near United States?
Android Developers Career Path
Learn how to become an Android Developers, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Android Developers Insights
“I am working here from past 2.4 years and I found work culture is so great.”
“1) Multiple client based projects which will gives us good learning curve and growth of the career.”
“It was a good experience and I gained a lot of progress in my career.”
“The result of OKR becomes our compensation and this compensation is fair based on how you performs.”
“Opportunity to work with some of the best minds in the industry and learn from their experience.”
“The pay is $12 an hour and you get commission but only chump change on everything.”
“It was a great bootcamp virtual internship for any one who wants to start android development”
“Management isnt the best so if you cant deal with it idk what to tell you”
Android Developers Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of mobile engineers
During a typical day, mobile engineers create applications for smartphones using the Android or iOS operating systems. They troubleshoot bugs and create fixes for software and compatibility problems. Mobile engineers also adjust the programming to account for operating system updates and adapt popular computer games to mobile platforms.
Mobile engineering is a stable job with strong future prospects. After becoming a mobile engineer, you can expect a solid career with an average six-figure salary. As the younger generations become dependent on smartphones, mobile engineers are in high demand and will continue to be for decades to come.
Mobile engineers get paid very well. The average annual salary for a mobile engineer exceeds $115,642 per year. Mobile engineers with the flexibility to work in multiple operating systems can expect higher salaries. Another way to boost your income is to have the ability to code in multiple programming languages, like Python and Java.
Working as a mobile engineer isn't a simple job, but it's an interesting one. Despite the challenges, you can be confident that you're at the forefront of global advancement toward the future. There are always incentives for you to make your application faster and more streamlined.