What does an Assistant Director of Business Operations do?
Business Operations Managers are responsible for interpreting data from various departments, making strategic decisions, and rolling out a plan of action. Business Operations Managers can obtain their data from multiple department reports such as budgetary information, interpreting financial data, monitoring expense reports, and performing a cost-benefit analysis of internal programs. Business Operations Manager report directly to the CEO or Board of Directors.
Most employers require Business Operations Managers to hold a bachelor's degree in business administration, management or accounting. Advanced degrees such as a Masters or a Doctorate are necessary for senior or high-profile positions. This type of job comes with a fair amount of responsibility and pressure. Having a firm grasp on the fundamentals, being well organized and working well under pressure will be ideal attributes for aspiring candidates.
- Request reports from company departments for review on a regular basis
- Compile information from various sources to formulate a current picture of the company and the market
- Interpret data to generate company and market strategies for implementation
- Create a monthly presentation for the Board of Directors meeting
- Utilize board information to schedule company wide change to best influence positive impact
- Hold monthly interdepartmental meeting to roll out new agendas
- Follow up with department heads to ensure proper execution
- Request progress reports for all departments on a regular basis
- Advance degree (preferred)
- Accounting or similar certification a plus
- 7+ years experience successfully managing a complex corporations
- Proficient in reading multiple department reports
- 3+ years in a management role
- Robust interpersonal skills
- Ability to write and communicate clearly
- Capable of grasping and utilizing complex ideas and strategies
- Strong ethical leadership abilities
How much does an Assistant Director of Business Operations make?
Assistant Director of Business Operations Career Path
Learn how to become an Assistant Director of Business Operations, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Assistant Director of Business Operations Insights
“The company has an amazing culture and values of pushing you up and scale up your career.”
“The leadership team and support ecosystem is the best I've ever been a part of in my career.”
“I look forward to groundbreaking work opportunities and creating positive relationships along the way in my career at Owl Cyber Defense! #greatplacetowork #joinus”
“It's impossible to drive any initiatives or suggest changes that are outside of management "selected projects".”
“There are lots of opportunities to learn / for development if you continue to say yes to projects that come your way.”
“Amazing and talented people to work with.”
“I had a good team at one time and my supervisor cares a lot about me and my career.”
“If you have the skills and will to succeed there is a definite future career path.”
Assistant Director of Business Operations Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an Assistant Director of Business Operations
- Business Operations
- Operations Manager
- General Manager