What does a Brand Ambassador do?
A Brand Ambassador is the tip of the sword for a company's product and image. Through training given by the Sales and Marketing teams, a Brand Ambassador develops the tools necessary to help grow a market. Brand Ambassadors frequently travel to retail locations to share the company's message with either the retail staff or directly with the customer. Brand Ambassadors are usually select for their passion or attachment to the particular brand.
There is no specific education requirement beyond a High School Diploma to become a Brand Ambassador. Often companies look for people with previous retail or training experience. The most important thing to carry forward to be a successful Brand Ambassador is enthusiasm for the company, message and the products. This passion will translate to the customers as you interact. Possessing an outgoing personality and excellent communication skills will aid you along the way.
- Learn the lineup of this season's products as well as the continuing inventory
- Become familiar with the company's brand and message
- Discuss strategy with management to best increase sales in your market
- Visit retail locations to inform and influence staff and customers with knowledge
- Answer all questions pertaining to the brand and it's products
- Record concerns and feedback from customers and staff
- Schedule time with store management to discuss with the impact of your products on their business
- Handle all non-inventory items as if they were cash
- Previous retail or training experience
- 3+ years as a Brand Ambassador or equivalent
- Willingness to travel to multiple locations per day and up to five days a week
- An outgoing personality with a love for helping people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A valid Driver's License
- Ability to regularly lift 50+lbs
- Commitment to work evenings and weekends
- Previous experience working in a 100% commission based structure
How much does a Brand Ambassador make near United States?
Brand Ambassador Career Path
Learn how to become a Brand Ambassador, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Brand Ambassador Insights
“Have to work some bad some good but the good campaigns are really fun and you work with nice people.”
“This was my first week and I had a great trainer and coworker/Brand Ambassador to work with!”
“Sometimes difficult working remotely from Clyx HQ but they took this feedback well and communications are much better”
“My store team and management was wonderful and I looked forward to going to work because of that”
“My market manager is awesome and I have enjoyed working for her for more than 10 years now.”
“Before my store manager left it was great because his was the best and actually cared.”
“You get all benefits immediately which is amazing and they pay you very very well.”
“The pay was great and I enjoyed the fast pace of the job and being able to train others.”
Brand Ambassador Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Brand Ambassador
When working as a Brand Ambassador, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Demonstrations, Interpersonal and Communication, Expense Reporting, Written Communication, and Team Management.
- Market Researcher
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Market Analyst
- Marketing Manager
The most common qualifications to become a Brand Ambassador include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.