What does a Business Development Executive do?
A Business Development Executive is at the top of the business development department in a corporation. Executives are in charge ensuring officers and representatives are generating new client business as well as producing their own business. They are also tasked with designing strategies for junior developers to implement. Advancement from Business Developer, Business Representative or Business Officer is a typical transition to this position.
A Business Development Executive will usually have a degree from an accredited college in business or a related field. Possess an advanced education in that field and have 10+ years experience as a Business Developer. The job relies heavily on the ability to manage and prioritize projects and people. Having strong logistical skills and good communication is a must in this position.
- Oversee junior staff's progress
- Source, hire and train new developers
- Analyze performance reports from subordinate developers
- Make recommendations on how best to grow the business and control loss
- Prepare Monthly and quarterly reports for senior board members and investors
- Be directly responsible for the growth of delegated markets
- Respond to all issues with prompt attention
- Prepare and deliver speeches to the team at company conferences
- 10+ years experience working in a development role
- Excellent leadership skills
- 5+ years in a leadership position
- Ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid computation and communication comprehension
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- A valid passport
- A familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite
How much does a Business Development Executive make near United States?
Business Development Executive Career Path
Learn how to become a Business Development Executive, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Business Development Executive Insights
“Work life is unstable Working hours is not fixed sometimes we should have worked 12 hours Unsecure job”
“It is good for a career building opportunity and i feel greatfull working with this company”
““There are endless opportunities to explore and advance your career at Silicon IT Hub Pvt Ltd”
“It's good to work if your manager is good otherwise you will feel little toxic.”
“The end goal of becoming a CEO of your own is amazing and IT IS definitely achievable.”
“They have a great team and I’ve been introduced to only product till now and I already love using it.”
“Working at BV was a complement to my career and my manager was great too.”
“It was a great experience and I learned a lot of skills and developed my career outlook.”
Business Development Executive Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Business Development Executive
- Business Development Manager
- Business Developer
- Sales Manager
- Sales Representative