What does a Campaign Manager do?
A Campaign Manager can be employed or contracted by many different entities. Their primary duty is to implement advertisement, sales or political strategies across a market. Campaign Managers work hand in hand with external agencies, freelancers, marketing companies and a handful of other resources. As well as sourcing new relations, A Campaign Manager on-boards and trains new staff.
There are no specific requirements to hold a Campaign Manager position. However, most companies and contractors prefer that a candidate possess a degree in marketing, public relations or a similar field. Advanced degrees in Marketing of Communications will yield high-status positions. Previous experience with marketing roll-outs, B2B and B2C campaigns is a huge plus in this field.
- Meet with all new clients to identify and conceptualize campaign strategies
- Design and organize an optimal campaign inside budget constraints
- Locate and secure talent and resource before campaign launch
- Train and groom all resources for optimum efficacy
- Utilize staff and resources to produce quality content for execution
- Devise a campaign timeline and schedule
- Execute campaign effectively, on schedule and on budget
- Monitor all outlets and resources for campaign impact and progress
- bachelor's in Marketing, Advertising or related field (preferred)
- Advanced degree in related field (preferred)
- 7+ year track record of participating in successful campaigns
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience overseeing simultaneous campaigns
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of current market trends
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willing to travel domestically
How much does a Campaign Manager make?
Campaign Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Campaign Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Campaign Manager Insights
“Devin is the best Boss I’ve worked for and he always wants all his people to win!”
“Good compensation package but not the best compared to other companies in the same range.”
“I do work a lot but I am excited to show up and work with a great team.”
“functional collaboration and the majority of individuals and teams genuinely want to help one another achieve the best.”
“The boss was really great at his job and inspired me to keep up the good work.”
“The work load is quite high and make it difficult maintain work and life balance.”
“life balance and career in general I would highly recommend applying for a job at Oneflow.”
“Everyone is no nice that working for 6 months I didn't find any issue.”
Campaign Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Campaign Manager
- Market Research
- Digital Marketing
- Market Analyst
- Marketing Manager