What does a Client Service Representative do?
Client services representatives manage client relationships and provide customer support. They may field customer inquiries, process orders, schedule appointments, and connect clients with other departments when needed. They often serve as a liaison that coordinates the initial connection between the customer and other internal units or personnel. They inform and educate clients about products and services, highlighting benefits and features that may drive conversions and sales. Representatives may be expected to meet certain sales-related goals or quotas.
Client services representatives generally have a minimum of a high school diploma, but those with a college degree or other credentials have greater income potential. These positions require familiarity with customer services tools and programs. Representatives must be comfortable performing data entry and able to process and record information quickly.
- Assist with marketing efforts including seminars.
- Collect, compile and analyze moderately complex data and information.
- Take the leading role in organic business development for assigned accounts.
- Take lead role in ensuring timely, accurate, and high-quality deliverables.
- Keep internal team informed of changes in client/competitive climate.
- Ensure the highest standards of QC of client deliverables.
- Provide client support and customer service on day-to-day inquiries from clients.
- Coach the client service team to promote and ensure optimal performance.
- Receive cross-training and assist with other operational functions as required.
- Organize and maintain filing system, file correspondence and other records.
- Initiate frequent, positive, and professional contact with key clients.
- Perform quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Work with client and internal teams to successfully execute scoped tactics.
- Raise client awareness when changes in client direction impact estimates.
- Assist in coordination of scientific staff travel to sponsors.
- Participate in sales finals presentations and other client meetings.
- Assume responsibility for the development of proposals and tactical plans. forecasts budgets.
- Keep accurate record of time spent on projects and manage burn rate.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, engineering, computer science, or business information systems or equivalent experience.
- Solid professionalism and time management skills.
- A critical thinker and problem solver with strict attention to details.
- Can collaborate and lead with confidence.
- Address all tasks and issues with a positive attitude.
- A multitasker with sound time management skills.
- Comfortable with client interaction.
How much does a Client Service Representative make?
Client Service Representative Career Path
Learn how to become a Client Service Representative, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Client Service Representative Insights
“Everyone is very nice and truly cares about the people who work here and our clients.”
“Researching things for yourself is great if you have time; it is good for learning...”
“Assigned Team and Team leads for project were great to work with and willingness to help was top notch.”
“I've never worked with such a great and talented team of people in my whole career so far.”
“The training was inconsistent and made it difficult to navigate what was truly needed versus what the SOPs called for.”
“I’ve received great training along the way to help further my career at Wilen and beyond.”
“I liked unlimited PTO and snacks and that they really tried to make work fun and believed in innovation.”
“It's a great place to learn about the industry and you get to make many connections.”
Client Service Representative Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Client Service Representative
- Delivery Manager
- Client Services Manager
- Sales Representative
- Sales Manager