What does a Computer Systems Engineer do?
Computer systems engineers combine computer science, engineering, and math knowledge to understand how technology fits into the larger picture of professional or personal needs. They assess the development of computer technology and understand the underlying concepts of computers. They strive to create improvements in current processes and equipment and integrate hardware and software programs to produce a system capable of meeting client needs. They combine mathematics, science, and electronics to create a computer system that is tailor-made and appropriate for each client.
Computer systems engineers advise clients about appropriate hardware and software to ensure systems meet their needs and sometimes provide hands-on training during the acquisition, installation, testing, and implementation phases of a project. Computer systems engineers evaluate a client's current system for effectiveness and make recommendations regarding scalability. They troubleshoot problems that arise during the system’s use, and document issues, resolving them as needed. Computer systems engineers need a bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or electrical engineering.
- Establish and document system parameters and formats, ensure hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems, perform research, plan, propose solutions, advocate software and systems, coordinate the problem solving process, and ensure that the business standards and business/functional requirements are met and documented.
- Support testing/validation activities including documenting test plans and test scenarios, identifying and creating test data, executing validation scripts, identifying and documenting defects, and working with the development team to resolve issues.
- Provide analytical and technical support to enable design, development, validation, integration, and implementation of software applications.
- Provide support to analyze the modern architecture and development environment.
- Provide support for creating technical documentation including technical specifications and user guide.
- Design/develop system diagrams and presentation materials using industry standards and formats for various technical and management forums.
- Work as a team to perform advanced concept development using established systems engineering approaches.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in computer engineering, computer science, or engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, and Vista programming.
- Experience in algorithm design, deep learning, onboarding, machine learning, and computing processes.
- Experience in C, C #,Python, ETL, SQL, JPEG, PDF, CUDA, and GIT software and systems.
- Experience with 3-D imaging, computing, software installation, cloud software, Pytorch.
- Comfortable collaborate with team members and clients.
- Demonstrated experience with boarding and geometry.
How much does a Computer Systems Engineer make?
Computer Systems Engineer Career Path
Learn how to become a Computer Systems Engineer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Computer Systems Engineer Insights
“if i wish to unlock the best cricket career opportunities then come and collaborate with GCA.”
“Infosys or any of the big Indian IT companies are a great opportunity to start your career.”
“good pay and vacay time was great”
“More training opportunities will be good.”
“Very good work and life balance.”
“team was good and I like the team.”
“The total compensation is pretty good”
“Good very good interesting nice”
Computer Systems Engineer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Computer Systems Engineer
- Network Security Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Network Engineer